NAPFA General News, Member Information & Updates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate we cant say too much as it's all very Top Secret. You must know the secret handshake, the password, and have the NAPFA tattoo on your left butt cheek ;)

It was my 2nd AGM and there was probably about the same numbers as last year... maybe 40-50 people? There was a lot of discussion about highbanking, and the efforts going into fighting the illegality of it. There were a few nuggets found on the Wattle Flat common by members.

I moved on to Hill End after the meeting, so I don't have any info for you about any possible shenanigans that went on afterwards... or do I :lol:

I absolutely enjoyed myself and getting crook did not stop me from
joining in.
I was not my usual talkative self though and it was spotted. :8
Only managed to get one night in for a few ales. :(
More to come Bob, I have a plan.
And it involves you and a few others. LOL

What a great few days we had at Wattle Flat for the meeting which was informative and interesting. It was a really good campsite and the atmosphere with a cider or two couldn't have been better as well as meeting other PA members Hard to beat sitting around a campfire.

I suggest to those who were not informed about the meeting or whatever to read my post under Epic prospecting trips...I also took the trouble to advise all here on the upcoming meeting and included tit-bits about the shop and post office...That was under the General comments section..as far as the crowd goes I took a head count ..roughly and I thought there were some 80 or so souls...roughly.. ..sorta!
We were informed as is the practice ..by the president of the agenda for the day, as well as his opening remarks...which was about the situation with regards to the high-banking and access issues. Various members of the committee then informed in more detail of the situation as it stands and we were bolstered by the news that there are things afoot that well might prove to be to our advantage.It was stressed that certain tactics are in train that involves a softly-softly approach...we need to accept that it could be a long slug...but if things go our way there is a chance that a resolution may be forthcoming sooner than later.
Personally I was delighted with the updates and outcomes that arose from the meeting..albeit not happy that my motion to cancel the 'auction ' in favour of a raffle was not acted upon in the appropriate protocol..as I obtained a seconder for the motion and protocol then demands that speakers For and Against be called to debate the issue..and they were not called...effectively stifling all and any debate...that was a mistake...however I accept that the Auction issue will be looked at in future and a more fair and egalitarian approach be adopted...I hope so!

A great post Reefer and well put, lets hope it strikes a responsive chord in the people you described and the bulk of them decide to do something positive and join the NAPFA clan.
Cheers, SinHof.

Now there's a rumor going round that theres gold at a place called Blackbutt but you need to mow the grass before one can detect,,, so ,,, if you know where blackout is ,,,, get there with your mower and cut the grass ,, then detect for the gold, just so one won't go home disappointed I might leave a couppla $1 coins on the Potaroo claim.
My SDC came home today , Minelab round trip very quick , no hassles at all, but won't be able to try her out for at least a month , my fishin crazy son has suggested a new gold venture that could have some potential we shall see my regards to all of you and hope that 2018 will be a better year all round

Reefer I'm a member of NAPFA (& the PMAV) - probably one of the first NAPFA members to rejoin every year - but due to my current family situation find it difficult to get out for even a few hours detecting at the moment. Young kids, both parents working & other things in life I'm not going into here can make it difficult to attend these things but I do try to help wherever possible albeit behind the scenes so to speak. Don't throw a blanket over all as many have valid reasons for not getting there. We don't all have adult kids or are retired/semi retired & can do what we want at any time.
As said above there would be less than a few hundred regularly active members on here & they are dispersed Australia wide with their own state issues to ponder.
I can understand & appreciate your passion Reefer so don't feel like I'm having a shot at you personally - just be mindful that sometimes life (shite) happens!
On a lighter note you may enjoy this http://folkstream.com/529.html Found while researching & thought it was a good little ditty.
Don't lose your passion Reefer :Y:

Well to mbasko and all those who are for a myriad of reasons not able to attend our AGM..It goes without saying...and I took it for granted.. that not all NAPFA members would be able to attend.:8 And I would not expect them to.We all can't just drop what we are doing...
However, It could be argued that we get ample notice of the meeting..we know it is held in November ..EVERY YEAR!,,,,A little time management and preparation is required..we do it all the time don't we..weddings , christenings Parties..and ad-nauseum.
And I don't speak under the influence of any drug except adrenaline.
The Napfa organisation, While closely supportive of your cause, is specific to our states, And I would not expect you, Victorian blokes, to be in attendance.reference I made to the 11,000 was a general one which was an attempt to stir up debate in order to hopefully prompt a large number of them to consider membership in our Napfa. Whether or not I have stirred the pot a little too much with regard to P.A. members not in ACT OR NSW .Is of no real consequence!.
I assume that people outside of our coverage would take note of what I said and not be overly concerned. :Y: :Y:

There's a difference between a passionate stirring of a debate and a waffling diatribe

Reefer ,

I feel you went a bit hard there mate ! I agree about non members, and everyone should be a member , but we cant all just give up our jobs , or businesses , or family commitments to attend the meeting . I would have loved to have been there , and its not for laziness mate , its because I COULDNT . I have a business to run .
So please dont tar everyone with the same brush !

Otherwise , I agree to the rest !

Gunter

Well everybody is entitled to their opinion! My 'waffling' diatribe is fortunately at an end.In future, I will take what has been directed to me and move on.My passion for the cause is unshaken.Madtuna ,your obviously opposed to my approach but I won't hold that against you...in future I will limit my rhetoric to words of less than three syllables..that may help you to see the point of my outburst..I'm not sure.. one thing is for sure, and that is in the circles which I gravitate 'waffling' is not seen as a trait that I'm popular for.
All those who are members of Napfa will know..or should know ..that my comments while ..somewhat vitriolic were not directed at members of Other Prospecting advocates such as the PMAV and the like and not at those whose circumstances are such that it precludes their participation in our noble cause. It was obviously my intention to target those who are out there who COULD join us but choose not to because of their self-centered nature.I would have to say that any person who was offended by my comments, would most likely belong to those ones who prefer to sit on the fence and glean information to bolster their self-serving ends or who harbour some sort of complex about belonging to anything worthwhile, where a personal commitment is required.To shane_vor.I do not speak in any official way whatsoever in relation to Napfa and not to join because of my words is simply a copout mate.I would question whether or not you ever had thoughts of joining Napfa.
That commitment or not must come from within you yourself.Not as a result of anything I have to say.
In any case I'm done!..See yers at the diggins..whether that be with a pan in hand ..or..pistols at 10 paces. ]:D

Latest posts