Name that brew

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Post up two clues about a brew (beer) of your choice and we'll see who can guess what it is. The person with the correct answer has the next go.

I'll go first,

1) Founded in 1888
2) An Australian beer that is more popular overseas than it is here.

Wow that was quick :lol:, that's my father's favourite beverage. Your turn D&S.

Cool, ok, something harder..... something a little less mainstream

1) it's a Dark Lager with an intense roasted caramel / toffee flavour and malty chocolate aroma
2) first brewed at the Sail & Anchor Pub Brewery in Fremantle in 1987, it acquired it's current "interesting name" 2 years later.

Mmmmmm that would have to be Dogbolter, fantastic brew if that's the one you're thinking of? Was very popular during the Americas cup challenge.

Ok this beer is super special, it's a dark, roasted toffee, caramelised flavour also.
It's very strong and there is only 1 batch made in any 1 year.

If you love beer and are not familar with it, you should be. :)

my dad reckons it might be matilda bay dogbolter, he said he had a similar one in a sampler box.

Vintage is the nectar of the gods :D .

Ok here we go, a favorite of mine with a stinking hot curry ;) ;)

1. it's an Asian beer

2. it has Malt and honey tones with a mild after taste, this beer has also won a ton of awards

Must admit you had me scratching and I did a little 'research' as a 'study break'....

Right then...

1) This drop is produced by the largest family owned brewery in Aus. (well that should give it away...)
2) the particular line I'm thinking of apparently has fruity and and floral characteristics...not that I could have told you that with my 'classy' palate..oh and should be rolled

Latest posts