My USA Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulmarr

Paul
Reaction score
Hi Everybody

I am in the USA visiting family - and it is Fathers Day today here so while visiting my Dad I was persuaded to get out the detector for a swing around his house. With a little niece and nephew in tow I managed to find a few coins and amaze the crowd with its magic ....

55DBF21A-1F23-4767-8404-CD3B6BE45E61_zpsxz8woc9p.jpg

My ride - a Mustang GT

63A93BD6-3F2A-43FF-8A3F-C34DC9608D10_zpsdjhbir5w.jpg

My detecting mates

CD8A5C08-8C3D-4949-8EE0-BB86D10610D9_zpsim29rhkz.jpg

The finds ...

3D2B39E1-E3DF-4EBC-A6E5-928A411E2E52_zpslqk4i4nl.jpg

FABACC70-7E41-4D74-A843-3C8343E9525A_zps6jnwn8oh.jpg

5 coins a couple of .22 long cases and the usual junk

No silver but the kids had fun (and so did I) :)

Love it Paul. Although I do have a question: I didn't think that Superman would need a detector hehehehehe!
Enjoy your visit and I love the patriotism in the front yard.
Cheers
Mackka

Superman thought every target was a coin so his X-ray vision wasn't up to par.... :)

Everyone has a flag displayed here - that was the next door neighbours house and was the only thing near to show where I am.

Looking forward to going to my brothers next week to search the 1848 homestead!

The first three targets were coins so it gave me renewed enthusiasm to continue - of course after every find and the kids wanted to wash the target and work out what it was - one 1956 wheat penny but the rest was modern clad. The ground here is a dream with a plug cut in seconds - but the Sovereign punches deep and the coins were found in the 4-6 inch range making the screwdriver method unusable - cut a plug and then pro point where in the hole it is - worked a treat. Not possible in South Australia as the ground is rock solid - here the soil is black and moist - like cutting a cake!

I'm just a bit jealous.
What an adventure to be having.

Thanks for sharing Paulmarr, enjoy the rest of your trip

Detecting looks to becoming a family tradition, before you know it you'll have everybody hooked. Good to see you are enjoying some quality time. :) Can you bring us back a cheap Sovereign? ;)

If it were next month, I would be in a position to seriously consider it, just a bit cash poor this month unfortuntely. Am looking to replace or compliment my current detector lineup with a couple of different units for both gold and coin hunting. I appreciate the offer. :)

Hi Martin

Most well known civil war battlefields are protected by the government as far as treasure hunting is concerned and cannot be disturbed.

But the USA is rich in history - especially the area my family live in which goes back to Revolutionary War times (1770's) - our little town was established in 1815 - the key here is knowing where the people activity was 230+ years ago. The 13 states on the east coast are the ones with the most history - which New York State is one of. We shall see .... :)

Paul

Good luck Paul , you have the opportunity to experience what most of us can only imagine . Fortunately we get to share in your adventures through your posts( both here and over there) your local outings have been inspiring and cant wait to hear more about and see the spoils of your treasure hunts while in the States

It has been a disappointing detecting trip - went around to my sisters to find an antique silver spoon handle ring she lost supposedly in her front lawn - didn't find it but found a couple of pennies and two dog tags aside from the junk. I am confident she didn't lose it there.

Then in to my brothers 1850s house where I spent a couple of hours detecting for no return but Budweiser cans and pull tabs - I was so disappointed - not even a penny :(

So yesterday I was invited to go "riding" - something I did as a kid here and I went with some guys I knew when I was a teenager and they were 8 or 9 years old - neighbourhood kids my brother was friends with. (My bro died Christmas Eve and his friends are still bumming out - me included - so it was a bit of reliving the past. We went for 10 hours and did 70 miles or so... And I am sore today!

Some pics of the adventure...

47096216-8086-4B7E-AF0F-8E850943AAD2_zpsuiiw4i9i.jpg

My ride
BF776D85-C7C2-4803-83DC-C6A4A3581E42_zpsnk3ppsgn.jpg

Country side
F1EB2D8A-0278-4AF2-95BB-D23E5B1186E6_zpsgmk1a1hl.jpg

D05FE2F1-82A6-49D3-87CF-140790CBC577_zps1u4o0iia.jpg

The guys taking a break...

F50AE443-03AE-4EE0-BF24-A447172E04E6_zpsvpodbvh9.jpg

We got home at 130am after visiting a bar or two on the way home - weather was awesome and I had the time of my life being 15 again! I WANT A QUAD - would allow detecting almost anywhere! ;)

Latest posts