My sluice project

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep its a doozy.

Because I can't settle on a spray bar, there are several nozzles in the kit which are retained with roofing screws. It lets you change the water flow for clay etc. or just generally mucking around.

Hope you enjoy the beast and get plenty of yellow. Sometimes the gold is just being there.

Jaros said:
20xwater said:
Jaros said:
Hi Goldslave, do you work in the metal industry and do your own aluminium welding? Cos it it looks a real "doozy". :eek:

and the pourpose of you saying that is?
My reason 20XWater is to congratulate Goldslave on the build quality??

I just googled the definition of "doozy', before I did this it actually sounds negative to me...my apology :cool:

Goodmorning guys,

Like I have grizzled about before, we have a wonderful Telstra network, not. I have been typing here for awhile and just about worn off all the skin on one finger and then the network decides to have a hissy fit and drop out without any chance of saving anything, bugger!!!!!!.
Take 2 again.
Hi Headsup, I wasn't aware that the pvc nozzles could be heated into an oval shape to modify the shape of the sprays, thanks.
If you look at my pics and find #6 pic I have an adjustable shield that can alter the spray shape if required, but I like your idea better as it gives me other options.

Cheers Everyone

Goldslave

Goldslave said:
Goodmorning guys,

Like I have grizzled about before, we have a wonderful Telstra network, not. I have been typing here for awhile and just about worn off all the skin on one finger and then the network decides to have a hissy fit and drop out without any chance of saving anything, bugger!!!!!!.
Take 2 again.
Hi Headsup, I wasn't aware that the pvc nozzles could be heated into an oval shape to modify the shape of the sprays, thanks.
If you look at my pics and find #6 pic I have an adjustable shield that can alter the spray shape if required, but I like your idea better as it gives me other options.

Cheers Everyone

Goldslave

yes i saw that cover plate over the pvc pipes but i thought that was to stop them being smashed

you could use that to widen the water spray stream but it might sap some of the power out of the water jet which would slow down the breakdown of clays

try a few things and see what works for you . it doesnt hurt to experiment and just ignore any know-it-alls who might criticise you for not doing it " their way" do your own thing mate and have some creative fun.

those hot air guns can do amazing things with PVC pipe , just wear gloves and you can shape it and set it into just about anything

gotta love Telstra- not

They have stuffed up my services in the past requiring me to make 97 phone calls and waste 43 hours on the phone to those incompetant futhamucors before they actually fixed the problems ...... :|

X2 on experimenting. Not all areas are the same, and some systems work better than others. For example punch players woven mesh. Every time I'm in the prospecting shops I'm seeing punch plate or terrible Grizzly setups and know that through testing some designs aren't as good as others. Drilled vs slotted spray bars is another one that causes contention, but best setup that suits you is found through experimenting.

Nozzle

1405404305_imag0473.jpg

HeadsUp, that's patience. I ended at the ombudsman before that, the second call to the omb. office seemed to get their attention.

Latest posts