My Minelab X-Terra 705 Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better shift Snoopy Dog RKT, he's eating into your Florin :eek: (too late to save that one) :eek: ,... nice hunting, top job on it all. :D

My last hunt post with the 705! Sold it right after this hunt.I took my daughter to a job interview, so whilst waiting I got 20mins to detect in a very old area. Hitting the footpath I got 1 buck, and lotsa junk. Daughter had finished, so back to the car, and whilst packing my gear away, spotted what looked like 5 cents on the ground, the footpath of an old terrace house. Picked it up, and thought hmmmmmmm, measured it against a 5c I had in the car, and it was slightly bigger! So, soaked it in olive oil for a couple of hours, and using a magnifying glass....its 1873, or 1870 something :)

1441870687_oldsixer2.jpg

1441870714_oldsixer3.jpg

rocketaroo said:
My last hunt post with the 705! Sold it right after this hunt.I took my daughter to a job interview, so whilst waiting I got 20mins to detect in a very old area. Hitting the footpath I got 1 buck, and lotsa junk. Daughter had finished, so back to the car, and whilst packing my gear away, spotted what looked like 5 cents on the ground, the footpath of an old terrace house. Picked it up, and thought hmmmmmmm, measured it against a 5c I had in the car, and it was slightly bigger! So, soaked it in olive oil for a couple of hours, and using a magnifying glass....its 1873, or 1870 something :)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4395/1441870687_oldsixer2.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4395/1441870714_oldsixer3.jpg
Thats a great find Greg! What will you be using instead of your xterra 705?

That's a shame to hear of the demise of the 705 ,reading your tips and of your finds was inspiring
Looking forward to new adventures with the new toy
Did you get a good price for the 705 have been thinking of upgrading mine to the racer
Although happier with the xterra and the Nel hunter 18.75 kHz than the concentric 7.5 kHz much better junk disc with the audio

thinking that the Fors Core pro pack, maybe the way I go. Its going to give me 3 coils, and hopefully be everything I need on turf, sand, wet sand, and even the goldfields. Its not the Deus that I still like, but its a close second I reckon.

Amachris said:
That's a shame to hear of the demise of the 705 ,reading your tips and of your finds was inspiring
Looking forward to new adventures with the new toy
Did you get a good price for the 705 have been thinking of upgrading mine to the racer
Although happier with the xterra and the Nel hunter 18.75 kHz than the concentric 7.5 kHz much better junk disc with the audio

Yep, I didnt loose money on the 705, if your thinking Racer, also think Fors Core.

Latest posts