My Minelab X-Terra 705 Hunts

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
argh! nice gold ring.. I gotta stop stuffing around and lift my act!! Why can everyone except me find gold rings :) :)

Went out this arvo, 2 hours digging anything repeatable, that wasnt iron. I havent dug like this before, really only digging the odd gold possible tones. So, no luck, but I certainly did a good job of trying.

1438926227_junkdirtycoin.jpg

1438926256_dirtycoin.jpg

Oh, I dont have scales, but will ask RJ to bring his, so we can weigh the precious!

Looks like a beach find BB,...forget the boats,...they are swimming here now(ha),.... looking forward to seeing your new thread BB. :)

Thanks siver, actually found inland in black soil on a cane farm. The colour of the coin looks more like silver (but feels a lot lighter). :)
Now.... Of to an old railway station for the day with a fellow hunter. Have a great Sunday!

A few countries produced aluminium coins, the oxidation looks familiar for that type of coin.

It is amazing what turns up where. Next time it will be a ................

Wally69 said:
A few countries produced aluminium coins, the oxidation looks familiar for that type of coin.

It is amazing what turns up where. Next time it will be a ................
1930 penny. :eek:

Needed to get out today, stuff that I needed to clear my mind of. Hit an old faithful, and within minutes was pulling out coins, crappy BBs, but even they are fun, until the moment they see light of day lol Decided to try a different spot that I had noticed before, but looks a nothing area really. Got the 1907 penny, then minutes later the large aussie armed forces button! My mood muchly improved, love finding military stuff. Shortly after, another button! I thought, hmm whats going on here.....Anyway I spotted an old guy, walking his dog, and thought, I bet he knows something. So I walked-up, said gidday, and asked him if he could remember any buildings in this patch of scrub. He told me that he is 92, and remembers exactly what was there. I cant say what it was, fear lurkers will pounce on it. But, I have stumbled upon a WW2 military base :) I assume its been hit, because in 2.5 hours I shouldave found more relics.

1439105239_buttonx.jpg

1439105180_the_lot.jpg

Latest posts