My Garage Gold Lab

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After many months of trial/error the setup runs like a swiss watch now.

Almost silent except the sound of water striking the hopper plate under pressure as you can hear. Might need some 'cats-whiskers' just to stop the slight loss out back behind the grizzly bars, and Im done.

Perfect setup for ramping up production on night shift without any complaints from the neighbours or the girls inside watching movies!

Many thanks to my major sponsors Bunnings, OfficeWorks & eBay!

Hope the share helps someone out with idea's and if you have any questions.....shoot!

[video=480,360]http://youtu.be/2yGAfA5ZBo4[/video]

Regards ;)

Lovely setup Metamorphic.
Miller table above?
A video of that in operation would be awesome.

My mancave is a mess at the moment, int the process of building a trommel from mostly junk

So my missus keeps finding reasons for us to move out of our apartment and into a house - her biggest selling point is that she will let me have a man-shed. I wonder if she might change her mind if I show her this video, since this is the sort of man-shed that I want :)

Is my VB fine gold filter horse.
I get the con's from the sluice, dry them, remove any coarse 'pickers', 30 mesh class them, recrush whatever doesn't pass and then add them wet again to the filter to extract the clean fine gold.

Hey phantom, the strategy is to buy her some nice gifts from any gold you may extract to sell and then bingo..... you will be able to add anything you want to your setup with full approval.

;)

Great chart Casper for metric conversion.....thanks!

Gold is a funny thing hey, we always revert to the old scale when we talk gold.....well mostly.

The large nuggets we like to term in ounces like "should see the nugget I found bob, it was just over 2 ounces"

and not "should see the nugget I found bob, it was 64 grams", yet anything below an ounce we do express in grams and not grains or Pennyweights?

Maybe to do with U.S world gold prices expressed in ounces?

Its been a while setting up and I havent really had the chance to run her at full steam yet mate, have just been feeding her from a 20ltr bucket with a scoop to test but yes, she will handle shovel load after shovel load for sure.
Was using the 2 stroke pump at first that you see in the video with a suction hose and foot valve strainer on the end......plenty of grunt but to noisy for work at home plus the fact I had to have the garage door open with the pump outside so I didnt gas myself.

Being recirculating I also had issues with the foot strainer getting covered with fines on the outside and blocking after a few bucket loads put through no matter what I did.

The 'dirty water' submersible 240v (15,000 ltr/min) solved the noise and blockage issues with the 120ltr Tuffman storage tub and officeworks desk paper tray lined with 1.5mm aluminium insect screen to catch any fines before they go into the tub.
Although I cant adjust speed on the submersible, I solved this by using a 1" ball valve on the sluice to control flow as you see.

Cheers

That's a great setup mate, my shed is still empty but going to start shortly on setting it up and you've got ideas there I can borrow from :)

I'm jealous. I like your millers table, I've been meaning to make one. Hopefully I get some time during the Christmas break, thanks for sharing!

Latest posts