My Full GPZ 7000 review

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes Hi guys the ZAKMAN is back. I have been away for around 12 month and have just been involved in a silly accident falling of a ladder so I'm grounded in Adelaide for a few months which will give me lots of time to experiment.

PT, Thanks for this review very detailed and balanced.

Its obvious that any new marketed detector from Minelab must have a positive side considering the company investment into R and D and the very well marketed psychological side; that we all hate to think that we are walking around for hour at a time with any product which isn't the best of the best. Just like someone using a copy detector or coils which are only 70 % effective compared with original. Why would i waist my valuable time doing that?

But of course economical sensibly does need to come into the equation, after spending $6000 on my GPX 5000 plus a few extras $$ and to now to be considering selling it at around $4800; if I'm lucky. Then out laying $10,700 plus $1300 for the next size coil when its out.

I therefore have to seriously consider getting more serious with my GPX 5000 and really get down to the nitty gritty of using and understanding fully its amazing technology to its full potential.

So here is THE plan :-
Im buying 3 new coils this week:- A new 8 inch round Minelab a 12inch solid Nugget finder and a 14inch Nugget finder sold I already have a 12x7 Nugget finder coil (I mainly hunt in Victoria). All this for around $1000.

Then its relearning time all over again. I've always used the Fine gold setting but I need to know how All of these coils work in "General and Deep" mode.

I don't expect to get the depth that the GPZ 7000 has but I do expect that I will get damn close and definelty become a much better gold hunter.

Its a pity someone doesn't establish a one day course covering this exact topic as I bet it would be over booked everyday. If any one is interested contact me haha.

Good Hunting :)
Looking forward to you comments.

The ZakMan

Hey Zak, I do personalised training in Adelaide. PM or email me if you want more details. Cheers

Zakman said:
I don't expect to get the depth that the GPZ 7000 has but I do expect that I will get damn close and definelty become a much better gold hunter.

The ZakMan

You won't be too far away, but time is the essence, the Zed does it all with one coil

Zakman said:
So here is THE plan :-
a 14inch Nugget finder sold .

Good Hunting :)
Looking forward to you comments.

The ZakMan

g'day zakman
don't stress about the gpz mate, with a 14 round on a 5k you will beat the zed for depth on the bigger nuggets. it's only the small stuff the zed will do better than the 5k on.
cheers

Thanks for the link. Interesting comparisons. It seems the GPZ is a clear step up in performance from the GPX even if it's no where near a 40% increase in depth. When you consider the masses still went out to buy a GPX5000 which is a very marginal and debatable improvement over the 4500 I think one would probably get more for their money spent upgrading to the GPZ.

Something to consider Nenad and if you do don't wait too long is creating a DVD
on how to use the 7000 and maybe some other machines with your insight and user tips.

Good lluck with it.

Yes I when over and have a play with the GPZ 7000 today its got a nice easy set up display.
and I'm sure its a good machine.

BUT as I mentioned above.
I just bought an 8 inch Detech coil and pre ordered the new 14 inch mono Coiltech which will be out mid April.

Can't wait to get out there hunting once my hands heal up a bit hahah.

I also needed a longer pick handle so I just finished my research and found a really great deal from Ron Allen Lucky Gold Picks. I JUST posted INFO under forums "Protecting Equipment".

But I'm still looking for more general maps for Gold hunting around Adelaide . Its like finding chicken teeth.

Happy Hunting . The ZakMan

Zakman said:
Yes I when over and have a play with the GPZ 7000 today its got a nice easy set up display.
and I'm sure its a good machine.

BUT as I mentioned above.
I just bought an 8 inch Detech coil and pre ordered the new 14 inch mono Coiltech which will be out mid April.

Can't wait to get out there hunting once my hands heal up a bit hahah.

I also needed a longer pick handle so I just finished my research and found a really great deal from Ron Allen Lucky Gold Picks. I JUST posted INFO under forums "Protecting Equipment".

But I'm still looking for more general maps for Gold hunting around Adelaide . Its like finding chicken teeth.

Happy Hunting . The ZakMan

Gold maps are only going to take you to where everyone else has thrashed to pick up scraps, start learning geology maps. I've never prospected in SA before but one quick looks tells me that most the gold is associated with the big belt of folded rock east and north of Adelaide.

Surface geology map showing the belt

http://www.atlas.sa.gov.au/images/2Env_Res1Geology.jpg

Gold mines map at the bottom of this page

http://tysaustralia.com/goldrushsouthaustralia.html

Notice how all the gold mines are in that folded belt of geology? Now overlay the mines onto the geology, work out the pattern and go try new spots! ;)

Ps, sorry for being off topic, great review Nenad :)

Sorry
I apologize for what I said about stp01enhancer
I have applied the settings described by my forum members
I found him amazing
I found very deep nuggets
In places where much of the detector has been researched
My friends were amazed
I did not tell them where I bought it exclusively for me, I'm hahaha
I apologise
I apologise

Latest posts