My first site.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After spending too few an opportunities over the last few years, mainly on local beaches, I knew of a site I wanted to try. Its origins I thought were either Fishermans huts or even used during the war. But it seems that it was used as a camping area from around 1920 ( my earliest find is 1916 ) to 1970 ( the few 1 and 2 I have found ) After that it was fenced off. So far have retrieved 6 - 3P, 9 half penny's , 14 penny's , a 54 shilling and today after really targeting silvers my first sixpence a 1916 job. The site is hard work, lots of new vegetation, saltbush, and so much rubbishy, campers seemed to bury lots, milk bottle lids etc. I really thought this place had been worked before, but it seems I have and will continue to keep finding.... Today was the 16 - sixpence, a 47 - 3p, and 2 half penny's, a 1919 and a 1922.
1469010245_image.jpeg

Is that still the same spot? keep hitting it up and grid the place slow. There has to be more. And what machine are you using??

Sandta said:
Nice job Wadey :D
Its not easy or pleasant dealing with those heavily infested sites
Nice to be rewarded for your efforts :)
It's a tricky site Sandta, really scrubby, rubbishy....but everytime I go there ...a little bit of silver !

Latest posts