My awesome coin, dug yesterday.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The best condition 2 cent, that I have ever dug. It had been sitting about 2inches down in the dirt for prob 40yrs? and comes out looking like it was minted just a couple of years ago. I have not cleaned it, just a light rub. Its just a BB, but what a BB!! off to ebay 2000 bucks lol
1493336252_20170428_092341.jpg
1493336269_20170428_092312.jpg

Take the money RKT ,... it's not gunna get any better'n t h a t.
:Y: O:) :Y:
you'll have more than doubled your weight of copper. :eek:
Take the money and r u n man r u n.
:rainbow: ]:D

Goldpick said:
Very unusual for your area for a copper to come out like that, must have been a proof 2c coin. ;)

Was from my honey hole GP, from yesterdays hunt. Rare to see one that good from that spot as well, though some do look ok, I should start keeping them..... :8

Heatho said:
Goldpick said:
Very unusual for your area for a copper to come out like that, must have been a proof 2c coin. ;)

Was from my honey hole GP, from yesterdays hunt. Rare to see one that good from that spot as well, though some do look ok, I should start keeping them..... :8

you dont dig BB numbers, hence why we dug so many lol

I spent my 30 Heathos, today....bought 2 cappuccinos, and a fire screen...still have 5 Heathos left though! :)

rocketaroo said:
Heatho said:
Goldpick said:

you dont dig BB numbers, hence why we dug so many lol

I spent my 30 Heathos, today....bought 2 cappuccinos, and a fire screen...still have 5 Heathos left though! :)

I always dig a few BB's Rocket but yeah I do generally leave a lot in the ground. I would have dug them eventually, that's why there were a few silvers there also, leaving BB's in the ground will certainly miss a few silvers too but not too many. :)

First time i ever seen anyone get excited over a 2 cent piece find?

I am aware some of the decimal coins with certain markings and years are now starting to be worth more than their face value, but any 1 or 2 cent coin that has been in the ground usually has some kind of a tarnish or evidence of corrosion etc, depending on location found. Beach finds are usually pretty bad due to the salt, i think soil ph effects some found in parks etc.

Truly valuable decimal coins that have been laying in the ground or done years in circulation would fetch the higher prices. Coins in Mint Rolls or the collector Mint sets issued annually would be the ones you need. :)

My detecting/prospecting partner (my 8 yr old son) loves finding bbs...to him there still olden day coins... :Y: Nice coin RT :lol: