Must be getting old...or do you get used to it?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,
Well, took the new to me TDI Pro out for its first run. Decided to head to the to local beach at Williamstown for a play in the sand. Successfully dug up a load of bottle tops and ring pulls...and a 10c coin! whohoo!

Had fun and looking forward to heading bush next weekend.

But gotta say, I'm feeling it in my back and shoulders tonight... Feel like I've used some muscles that I haven't used for a while.

Guessing (or more like hoping) the more the swing it, the more I'll get used to it? :rolleyes:

Cheers, Ian

If you detect on a more regular basis, and don't do too many hours at once, you will get used to it. Maybe the older you get, the better you get.

Well i started detecting in my 20's and got pretty sore if I didn't detect regularly. Age doesn't play a role, effort does. If you're 26 and you're swinging a 24" DD trash can lid for 12 hours a day up and down steep hillsides you'd also feel sore. Can break your body down detecting at any age. Just gotta get used to it and then find the balance of effort/reward

You persist, but in the end your arm is trashed, and you have a legitimate reason to buy an xp deus :)

Breakfast then into inflamatories until lunch then some panadol plus some neurofen plus more panodol in the arvo sees me through the day. Upper back arthritis is a bitch especially for detecting. But I need to remember that I allways tell my kids when doing something you enjoy that pain is your friend ! ;)

Last trip out ...................... five steps from car machine in one hand pick in the other went to step over a branch and misjudged ............... full face plant, aaaaah I thought great way to start the day. Ten years ago I would have just regained footing and walked on :/
Speaking with a man much more elderly than myself I complained that I couldn't re gain my balance like I could years ago when I tripped. His reply was quote "But wait it gets better I walk along now and don't even realise I have tripped and just lay on the ground" :lol: :lol: He ended the conversation with "So far I haven't found anything good about old age"
So far I have found no reason to doubt his words ................ sadly :(

1466462382_looneytunesmain.jpg

I don't really agree with the remark some say, that you are as old as you feel. If it's a chronic illness it ain't nice.
Actually just yesterday i found out that my regular GP has moved to another clinic miles/klm's away--no goodbye's , no notice-prick. BUT!! the GP that i will be seeing from now on has had a Laminectomy and Spinal fusion which has gone really bad like has-so i have someone who understands the pain levels that i and now he are experiencing.
Therefore i should get better treatment.
Jaros :p

Latest posts