Motorbikes

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bogger said:
7.62marksman said:
this is the same as the one i had back in the day
i have no photos as such they were all destroyed
but i do have some scares ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D ]:D
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8005/1521799874_suzie.jpg

Water bottle ...................... cut my teeth on those :) :) Followed by the GS750 first four stroker that Suzuki brought out. Lost count of the thousands of dollars spent :8
One of my street bikes which was rather quick
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/7268/1521802290_nos_busa.jpg
Now that would be very quick :eek: :eek: :eek:

HippyProspecting said:
Bogger: You would of had a few oh shite moments on that thing with the blue bottle engaged

Mate I can assure you strictly straight line application ................... would jump from 100 ft lb torque to 150 ft lb in 400 rpm :eek: As you would be aware highly illegal on the street and hence why all fitted under standard fairings. But hey whats fun that isn't illegal :Y:

Marksman we got a bottle once and removed the stock barrels ................... shaved the finning of the appropriate sides of three RM250 barrels and fitted them .................. was a weapon :Y:
Have a passion for bikes ..................... as most would know it's like a drug :cool:

M109 tricked up with an air box kit and remapped ......................... pull like the proverbial 16 year old :Y:

HippyProspecting said:
Bogger: You would of had a few oh shite moments on that thing with the blue bottle engaged
I have always wanted an unrestricted hayabusa

Mate had quite a few and all unrestricted :Y: .................... the NOS was only a 40 Hp shot which took it to around 220 HP at the wheel .................. the turbo 445 HP at the wheel . As said nowadays 300K plus and they would lock you up. The turbo could spin the wheel up at 240 K so certainly would come under hoon law :D :D
Just talking about it makes one want to go for a ride. :Y: :Y: :Y:

But have to fess up as have a slight advantage in that I used to build "toys for boys" as I call them for a living . So was expected to ride something a little bit different ;) and could often write a lot of it off as R&D ;)

Hippy had to add a neighbour who has just moved in used to spin spanners in Ireland and also rode in the TT He has some great stories to tell :Y: Heard a noise the other day so went for a sticky ................ he had rolled his Bimota out of the garage :Y: :Y: Still trick to this current day

Anyone who has ridden an R1 knows how flighty they are stock standard .................. try one with a turbo. The only thing that gives it away other than it's tail light disappearing into the distance is the dump pipe.

1521804886_r1_turbo.jpg

Darn Bogger that bike of yours looks the goods and by the looks of that nos bottle I'm guessing you was not afraid to open it up. I never got my licence because I was scared I would kill myself on one if I did. I was a crazy young bloke in my younger days and thought I was bullet proof

shakergt said:
Darn Bogger that bike of yours looks the goods and by the looks of that nos bottle I'm guessing you was not afraid to open it up. I never got my licence because I was scared I would kill myself on one if I did. I was a crazy young bloke in my younger days and thought I was bullet proof

Shaker was often asked how do you ride something like that with so much HP ................... the answer was always "With respect" the moment you didn't you would surely die as these things were hyper quick ....................... I gave a bloke in a twin supra a run one day ( closed roadway of course) and when we pulled up he just got out shaking his head as he knew how fast his car was but a boosted Busa ................... another world.
Bikes ................... nothing better to get an adrenalin rush than watching a trip meter just roll as the speedo pushes of the dial at 340 + . Ya get of the bike and your hands are shaking. I'm sure most here who ride can relate :Y: Biggest buzz you can get with ya pants on :Y: :Y:

Okay enough ................... time for a ride :)

Not having a licence never stoped me though ;) I understand the "with respect" but I was one of those guys that would go right this thing has got a lot of power now lets see what it can do. I just could not help myself. Maybe now that I have grown up and have kids I might get it some day.

shakergt said:
Not having a licence never stoped me though ;) I understand the "with respect" but I was one of those guys that would go right this thing has got a lot of power now lets see what it can do. I just could not help myself. Maybe now that I have grown up and have kids I might get it some day.

No not a good idea .......................... as you know all change of direction on a bike is a shift of weight .................. physical input. With age fitness level drops and more importantly reflexes slow down.
Okay again Hippy shouldn't have got me going ................... it's starting to look like Boggers bike thread. ;) Must be heaps of other "old" bikers out there on the forum :Y:

Come on Miss Pot...show us yours :Y:

Have a pic somewhere of my last Harley Ill dig up, dressed as Santa though for a shopping centre Santa arrival.
No other pics that I can think of though, but had 3 Harleys umpteen jap bikes, a Duke Damah, BMWx 2...ummm ahh..trail and mx bikes too many to remember and a postie.

I love bikes. Have a very early Jawa 4 valve solo.
GSXR based mod bike project that should be good for mid 7 second passes hopefully. Just need to build an offset drive and it will be good to go. Also just scored a late 80s TZ250 that should be a fun thing to ride.

1521808284_2a0b6358-fc0d-48b7-a149-9b052b09741b.jpg

1521808432_00ce8302-deb1-4f2e-8ae2-7682101e0ced.jpg

1521808079_laverda-1.jpg

Out of all the bikes I have had this was my favourite. The head light was the same as a fiat tractor and the mirrors were off a fiat car and both were half the price at fiat.
But the bike I really wanted was the munch I can remember seeing one in Elizabeth St in Melbourne parked out front of one of the bike shops in 1974.
1521808706_9195552-1-2munch.jpg

Shep said:
I love bikes. Have a very early Jawa 4 valve solo.
GSXR based mod bike project that should be good for mid 7 second passes hopefully. Just need to build an offset drive and it will be good to go. Also just scored a late 80s TZ250 that should be a fun thing to ride.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8284_2a0b6358-fc0d-48b7-a149-9b052b09741b.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8432_00ce8302-deb1-4f2e-8ae2-7682101e0ced.jpg
Nice bikes man
I grew up with family members racing speedway. They had many a broken bones during their careers. I still remember when they had races at melbourne show ground.

Latest posts