monday trifecta

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
got out for a few hours today with the 3500 , ran the standard 11' dd coil in pseudo mono in an area known for smaller gold . always impressed how sensitive the 3500 is to small targets especially in the mono mode.
3 bits for .4gm
1410162321_rimg0581-optimized.jpg

1410162321_rimg0580-optimized.jpg

cheers , flash :lol:

3500 never ceases to amaze with the small gold!! Well done. Great and easy to use detector.

Thanks loamer , always appreciate your input , would love to buy a nice elliptical mono for poking around the shrubbery but only have 3 dd's at the moment and probably can't quite justify another coil purchase till I get a few more rattles in the jar :)
flash

I have seen amazing results for small gold with the 14" DD on a 3500, with the 3500 running in a pure DD mode. Depending on the ground, not sure how well the 3500 handles the monos on super hot ground. I am sure on mullock it might be a different story though. Got the rake out yet? That looks like a nice run of alluvial you have there.

Hey mate spoke to a tech at mine lab he says not to run mono coils on the 3500 my 2100 picked up 2 X .15 grammar s yesterday with a 10 X 5 dd coil tech my 14 inch also has bagged quite a few as well don't under estimate dd s they rock.

dr bean ,mate thats pretty impressive with the 2100 shows the older units can still hold their own.

loamer the flat piece was in the middle of a metre square, bare patch of ground in the middle of a well frequented area of surfacing , I can't figure how it was still there
the rounder one at bottom right was about 30 meters downslope from it ,I was heading for a juicy looking outcrop of reef and put the coil straight onto the nug just above the reef ,I think its shed from higher up in the area now surfaced as its obviously(?) well worn , I was really really hoping it shed from the existing outcrop and I could get the crow bar into action! still might bust it up a bit for a look see.
I did test the coil in both the dd and mono mode on the gold and was definetly a clearer brighter signal in the mono, the charcoal and clay domes are a bit of a bother but I'm getting better at recognizing them. good thing is if the signal is harsh I can flick back into dd and test the discriminate which works great on shallow ferrous.
thanks for the feedback and encouragement
cheers , flash

ahhh - surfacing. You beauty. That cannot be on its own. The thing with surfacing, the ground was/is not level, its only modern dozer surfacing that sort of does that. I like your switch flicking procedure - great to see you 'forcing' the detector to be two in one - nice work mate.

Latest posts