Missing Prospectors & other Persons (WA) Western Australia

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was out near reedys, dont qoute me but i wonder if he will buy erpib , uhf, and a lighter now,3 planes 10 people and alot of worried people ,epirb fairly cheep 250 dollars there getting sick of it up here ,what i here he had not a thing 1 press a button a couple phone calls and exactly now where u are ,it not rocket science

A good friend dropped the 74yo bloke off in the middle of nowhere and with no way for him to contact someone in case of an emergency?
Good friend ....... my a**e!

One would hope with 3 vehicles and four heads they appear safe and well :Y:
Interesting note on two ways with average range :( Good reason to run an Icom cranked up on a call out channel :playful:

you would think with 3 vehicles they would have to be ok lets hope so, could be they have just move behind a range and can't get reception We always travel with a sat phone as well as UHF :/

You could still try the smoke signal!.

Ded Driver said:
hopefully they're ok. I never trust what I read on fbook. its not the real world & full of fake news
I searched the news websites & cant find mention of them, so it possibly hasn't been reported to police yet

I see the latest Facebook update says, "They could have travelled just 15-20 minutes to get reception and let people know they are ok". Clearly the family back home have no understanding of the extremely patchy and incomplete mobile phone coverage in outback WA. :rolleyes:

mobile phones are not a reliable form of communication...it's a timely reminder for all this coming season.

I know that country very well and there are a few places where you cna get a signal...but you need to know where they are!

Jan/Feb...40plus degrees and no communications...what could possibly go wrong?

Actually just kept the satphone charge up yesterday. You have to be a stickler with mobile devices and their charge levels-even at home. My wife continually runs her Huawei media pad and NEW mobile phone flat. Geez that makes me mad!!! :mad:

Jaros said:
Actually just kept the satphone charge up yesterday. You have to be a stickler with mobile devices and their charge levels-even at home. My wife continually runs her Huawei media pad and NEW mobile phone flat. Geez that makes me mad!!! :mad:

X 2 On the wife bit :mad: I just don't get it.

If there missing hopefully not for long. The bit I struggle with is so many vehicles and they all disappear, somethings not quite right with this report imo.

I hear the best radio to use for distance is the same as the royal flying doctors use. But a few grand to buy. ($4000) Perth to Queensland, not a problem. Even china

Bought a Barrett 550 HF radio with auto tune aerial years ago, still works perfectly. Have talked away from WA as far as as Tasmania.
Can listen to umpteen radio stations including the BBC.
Mudgee Hunter when I was a member of VKS737 a Royal Flying Doctor pilot returning from a call to Warburton broke in and we shared a chat for some time. Other times we listened to rescue operations while they were preparing landing at remote pastoral stations.
Fortunately we have never needed it in an emergency but gives peace of mind if something did go wrong.

Latest posts