Minelab Survey

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes also received email. Was not sure if legit or not. Especially with all the spam emails lately.
Will contact Minelab & see what they say.

If Minelab are going to ask their customers to undertake a survey, least they can do is send same customers a summary of the findings. They have our contact emails so it is not hard.

I did a Minelab survey a while ago and heard zip after that.

MikeB05 said:
If Minelab are going to ask their customers to undertake a survey, least they can do is send same customers a summary of the findings. They have our contact emails so it is not hard.

I did a Minelab survey a while ago and heard zip after that.
I got it on email so not sure why you didn't?
Maybe went to junk folder?
Wasn't too many surprises - people spend a lot on travelling, vehicles & detectors.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/doc/member-docs/4485/1617237217_minelab_survey.pdf

GET BEHIND THE SURVEY

To be honest I am astounded at the apparent apathy, hesitancy and cynicism by members of this forum at filling out a professional survey being conducted by a company that has made the first national effort to get robust data and statistics about prospecting in Australia.

Yes, they are revisiting the survey because it seems they felt there were a few gaps from the last one. Perhaps not enough people filled it out. I feel a bit of sympathy for them. Getting prospectors on the same page must be like herding cats!

This forum has 20,000 members who by their membership indicate they have an interest in prospecting. Our members should be clambering to fill this out so that we all understand better the value that prospecting brings to the Australian economy and our community. Instead we have a pathetic 262 views of this thread to date!

Our administrators and moderators should be backing it as well by highlighting it and giving it positive air. Why cant it be a sticky at the top of every section at least until the survey period closes? Surely it is more relevant than many of the topics that seem to draw endless interest.

The data from a survey like this will help all of our state and territory associations liaise with their respective departmental overlords. Without proper data, it is difficult to mount solid and convincing arguments for improvements to our prospecting and fossicking regulations. Of course, Minelab will use it to better understand their market. But so will the pick and pan makers, other detector companies and the many small enterprises that are part of our prospecting world so there is a wide benefit.

I urge everyone to fill it out and demonstrate some unity and enthusiasm about a shared goal. Share it with every mate you can think of to increase the sample size and improve the quality of the data.

I have often thought that prospectors/fossickers individualism is a double-edged sword. In this case we need to work together for our collective benefit.

And as a long-standing forum member, that is my two grams worth! For the record I hold no shares in Codan and this opinion is mine personally.

Moderator Tathradj Edit.

I have not been on much the last few days and only seen this earlier today.
It is crucial to our Hobby so every one get into it.
Please.

Imadogman said:
GET BEHIND THE SURVEY

To be honest I am astounded at the apparent apathy, hesitancy and cynicism by members of this forum at filling out a professional survey being conducted by a company that has made the first national effort to get robust data and statistics about prospecting in Australia.

Yes, they are revisiting the survey because it seems they felt there were a few gaps from the last one. Perhaps not enough people filled it out. I feel a bit of sympathy for them. Getting prospectors on the same page must be like herding cats!

This forum has 20,000 members who by their membership indicate they have an interest in prospecting. Our members should be clambering to fill this out so that we all understand better the value that prospecting brings to the Australian economy and our community. Instead we have a pathetic 262 views of this thread to date!

Our administrators and moderators should be backing it as well by highlighting it and giving it positive air. Why cant it be a sticky at the top of every section at least until the survey period closes? Surely it is more relevant than many of the topics that seem to draw endless interest.

The data from a survey like this will help all of our state and territory associations liaise with their respective departmental overlords. Without proper data, it is difficult to mount solid and convincing arguments for improvements to our prospecting and fossicking regulations. Of course, Minelab will use it to better understand their market. But so will the pick and pan makers, other detector companies and the many small enterprises that are part of our prospecting world so there is a wide benefit.

I urge everyone to fill it out and demonstrate some unity and enthusiasm about a shared goal. Share it with every mate you can think of to increase the sample size and improve the quality of the data.

I have often thought that prospectors/fossickers individualism is a double-edged sword. In this case we need to work together for our collective benefit.

And as a long-standing forum member, that is my two grams worth! For the record I hold no shares in Codan and this opinion is mine personally.

Well. Like I said above. For some reason my link has expired.

This is very important for our Hobby.

Yes, Minelab are paying for this.

Does not matter if you own a detector or any other brand.

They are not interested in this. They already have a database
of who has bought a detector from them. Think About it.

The survey is to promote Prospecting in Australia.

Please, take the time to do the survey. The more who do it
the better it will be for all of us.

And, They are not using the Survey for marketing purposes.

ie, To get your names and phone numbers. That you can elect
to do that the start of the survey.

Completed the survey, quick and painless ...... they do indicate that they will share the results via the relevant state association (PMAV in Vic) and Minelab.

Guess it's up to them to ensure we get to see them.

FURTHER TO MY EARLIER POST TO GET BEHIND THE SURVEY

I rang the contact number to check their process on this survey.

If you are a registered Minelab customer, you will get a unique link to you in your email. Check your email spam folder as sometimes your settings will put it there. I have received mine OK and it took a couple of minutes to fill it out.

If you pass that link on to others (or have received it from others) .it will not work because it is unique to the person who originally got the email.

If you are not a Minelab customer, or you want to get other people to participate, you, or them, can register your interest in the survey via an OPT-IN link that I will post here next Tuesday AFTER EASTER.

The survey company will cross check to make sure you have not already registered for the survey to avoid duplications and make sure any prize draw is fair.

So, in a nutshell, if you want to be in the survey, and have not been personally invited, check back here on Tuesday for an OPT-IN link that will initiate an invitation to participate.

(The reason to do it after Easter is to allow people time to receive their original invitation before requesting one.)

Happy Easter.

Well, I've had not one, but 2 invites. They both say not valid or whatever.

Whatever......

1617262276_capture.jpg

1617262297_capture_1.jpg

The original survey has closed. The link to that one won't work now.
The second one sent was a short follow up survey.
Possibly will only work if you fully completed the first survey?
If you inadvertently clicked on the link it may also think you've already done it?
Worked fine for me.

Contact Minelab and let them know.
I am sure they will follow up and fix it. :)

Latest posts