Minelab 600 for $500 price matched

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldtarget

(AKA OldGT)
Reaction score
Just picked one up at local store using Curious Planet price, Manager was unhappy and it took about 35 mins but I got one.

Make sure you show them Curious Planet checkout, tried to convince me there was no checkout option.

Be aware they may add shipping, my checkout showed zero.

Good Luck. :Y: :present:

Thanks Anaconda

Just a quck update.

I've owned an 800 for a while, I like it but I have more time on my F75, and most of the time I still use it over the Nox. Overall the 800 is a better package but I have to "think" my way through setting changes, its like comparing your daily driver to your club rego car, they still cars, with motors, but you just tune in to the little subtle sounds, noises, nuances of the daily drive.

Anyway without being overwhelmingly proficient (I have found gold and many $100s with it) and knowing every tiny setting to tweak to each particular hunt (freq, sensitivity, coil choice, etc) I still love my 800 and can make it do things to beat the F75.

So today I tested the 600 I got. The idea of buying it is I found that small gold on the 800 (which the F75 cannot do) but it is ridiculously time consuming, and when you include suitable weather is just a nice fancy feature. Its nice but the PIs and probably the Monster/GMT/Eureka have a better look in this realm.

I like my custom tones and user settings (on the 800) but its not crucial to hunt well. Processing target response ID and assessment of the hunt type and proper settings are though, so in my mind the 600 was always an option.

I tested for a couple hours and was almost going to be scathing thinking I had a dubious machine, or more likely, an underperforming one. I was heart broken, dissillusioned, and felt foolish.

Fast forward a couple comparison videos later I figured it out. The 600 has less settings and the numbers arent like for like in settings.

Iron bias, and recovery numbers DO NOT correspond.

So armed with this info I re did all the crucial air and in ground testing I could do.

The difference this made was night and day. The 600 kept up in ID, tone, and depth, no problem, its so close if you closed your eyes you couldnt tell them apart. Only when you get slightly higher recovery notch will the 800 outshine the 600 in basic shooting, but we are talking super trashy in close heavy iron imo, areas I would only dare to tread with a dues and never the F75. I suspect you could improve both by digging more iron, or swapping out to a smaller coil. If any nod went to the 600 i feel the 5khz might have just got predec small silvers a little better air depth test, but maybe I was championing the underdog.

So Im super happy, it was an absolute bargain, so much so Im considering parting with my 800. This Xmas Ill be on the southern beaches to do a final side by side but Im pretty sure it will be fine.

So my final say is this, both the Noxs make me happy, and in most areas outperform my go to machine (which is no slacker). If your wavering buy the 600. If you want the extras, go the 800. But at a lower price for a waterproof coin shooter the 600 has the same power under the bonnet side by side, setting to setting. And the baby 600 came at a baby price. That always makes a warm fuzzy feeling.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts