Might be worth a read. China hacking Codan

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Hackers steal $160 billion worth of intellectual property from Western companies every year, according to cyber-security experts". Yep i've seen this activity in the telecommunications industry. Another favorite activity is they let you do the contracted equipment installation work and then NOT PAY....cost me thousands. The collateral damage from stealing intellectual property, a product of enormous investment in research and development and your product GONE. The Government must factor this in their trade deal and the little players are just...well we don't count really. They couldn't give a dingos kidney.
I have also seen big players get burnt too millions of dollars surely that adds up to something significant. Good nite China...sleep well, try to think about ethics...actually just try to spell it.

Interesting, I mentioned this Last Month and I Guess I was Right,

It is such a shame when this happens to a company because not only do they have to compete in the Detector Market Place but they now have to fight Keep their Products safe,
I have seen so much of this over here, with Container Ship Loads of Fake Goods, and as one is caught 10 more pass by.

I have a big bag of choice words for 'douchebags' like these mongrel dogs, if it ain't technology it's some buggers bank account, only yesterday I had a local sparky out doing some work at home, he'd had his bank account hacked through his online PlayStation account,
IS NOTHING SACRED TO THESE JOCK STAINS, PLAYSTATION!! Dear GOD!! 8.(
I can't comment on what the governments up to with its free trade agreement and steering clear of the China hackers, I'm probarbly on ASIO's watch list already!! :eek:
Got ya's beet with me tin foil hat though but :D

China.....they will own the world oneday, one way, or another. Money is nothing to them now, every chance they get, its buying the land from under our feet, and settling down their little feet lol What about those artifical islands they are creating in the pacific.....so strategically placed. From flied lice, to world domination! Fake detectors are the least if our worries!

Lol :)

Those particular islands have continuously been in dispute since the end of World War II, when they had been under Japanese occupation.

Yeah there is so much going on these days it's a worry. Where i worked in the Pilbra on the CITIC Pacific i was told from many sources senior management to contractors that the Chinese had spent an enormous amount of money on the project. The figure was about $11.6 billion. So i did some reading and there's a lot more. Staggering amounts spent/loss and lost production and amount required to be profitable now on borrowed money or more foreign investment.The dispute with Clive Palmer lease and order to vacate lease on default of payment with supreme court injunction and the spot price of iron ore dispute. The Clive Palmer exclusive rights to the port Cape Preston $20 million per year. There is lots more but my conclusion is i don't think the Chinese can back out now as there in too deep also they won't walk away quietly. I heard one fellow say This magnetite will probably come back as bullets one day. I got me wondering like there's 29 million of us and 1.4 billion of them. It's a wonder they don't just give us a straw hats and a hoe to dig vege gardens while they just do the mining ops themselves. They have already spent $8.5 billion on agricultural land here and recently allocated another $500 million yep don't need conflict just buy it. We have valuable mineral and agricultural resources here China needs iron and food. Yeah a little alarmist protagonist i know but in the big picture even on sovereign land and independence disputes China could put a new chapter in the history books also think America will initiate it but another long story.

Mick.

You really have to question why a company would provide external network access to its blueprints. External access to email etc. yes, but access to assets that could bring a company to its knees is nuts.
Jon

Yeah you got a point there Blisters.Corporate info is stolen due to complacency but we have been pushed from paper towards the PC for nearly everything these days. Something as simple as a service manual in the forgotten my docs/technical folder ,it's that easy. In the electronics game if you had a laptop for say 3 years you would be surprised how many hundreds of files from programs to word xl ,docs,pdf's, photos you accumulate. Even the old default passwords because just too lazy to change. I remember a laptop was stolen in a Brissy office and the corporate info/server access was the issue,not the laptop.People would inconspicuously follow staff with security access smart cards into the office pick up a laptop and leave unnoticed. Like Codan could cost millions.When i bough my Minelab i was warned about fake copies too,it's everywhere. Now the clever cookies are buying the product and reverse engineering it, except some i'C's are exclusively designed and manufactured for Companies or scrubbed so not identifiable. Almost not worth patenting these days as nothing is sacred this black market has been around long time.Good luck with international law there untouchable just costs you a lot of money.

Mick.

You would have to admit, no matter who you are, or how you roll or what race or country your from, to have your idea/design ripped off by some other 'lazy dead beat' would piss you off to a means of no end.
The only way for this sort of thing to stop is for sales to stop, so I gotta ask the question and I know this might cause a bit of a riot,
Why would people buy a rip off version?
Is it that your such a tight ass you don't want to spend the extra money?
Maybe it's because you can't afford it, but you simply don't want to be left out!
Do you think it's going to perform better than the real thing?,
Well, how about a quick comparison,
Great Wall (utility) Vs Hilux (utility)......FAIL
Atomik 250cc (dirt bike) Vs KTM 250cc (dirt bike).......FAIL
GPX 5000 (China import) Vs GPX 5000 (minelab)........FAIL
Have a friend that bought a Great Wall ute, he never told me what he payed for it, but it's done 100,000 km and the things totally 'TED'
a good second hand 'quality' ute would still be going.
Have another mate that bought his young bloke an Atomik 250cc dirt bike, second jump on his home made dirt bike track saw the frame snap at the head stem and put his young bloke in hospital with a broken arm
And let's not even go there with a fake GPX 5000,
There are plenty of other brands at a cheaper cost than a new minelab out there without having to feed the mouths of the rip off merchant.
Do your research, save for a few extra weeks/months, a second hand SD 2100 will out perform a fake GPX 5000 on any given day. ;)

Ps, what happens when the fake gear floods the market and minelab/garrett/whites cant afford to keep operating, ask yourselves that, no more cutting edge technology, even the rip off merchants will have f##kall to do!!

Mostly I wouldn't think people know they are fakes. They are just getting ripped off. There is no point making a fake that performs just as well as an original as the profit would be less.
Jon

Infinity cable, FAIL, that stuff is going to cost builders a fortune to replace, plus all the substandard steel, concrete, glass, window frames and all the other cruddy products they flood the market with over here. Though anyone using these crap pruducts deserves to fail as they should know better to be honest, but most go for biggest profit margin at the expense of quality and safety these days and it ends up costing them more in the long run.

It feels like they have even sent our dodgy politicians over here from China to make it easier for them to unload the junk on us unsuspecting Aussies, I mean what ever happened to Australian Standards testing of products???? You know what the gubbermint did when they knew we were being flooded with sub standard building products??? They reduced home warranty from 7 years down to 2 years...... It takes 3 years for a new house to settle properly.

To me it feels like we have some of the most hopeless rejects on the planet running our country.

You have to be of a certain type of person, to be a successful politician. But that type of person, is a bit on the nose, or alot. Crap system we have, employing people to run the country, becuase they seem to care more about their votes, brown-nosing, and keeping their jobs, than doing what we actually need them to.

There are those who are not worried about the Chinese buying agricultural land here but the Chinese don't buy it as an investment, they buy it to feed their own people with better quality food then they can at home.
Eventually, we won't be able to eat Australian grown food because it will be going overseas!
I think too, that if their world turns to shite they will have a very strong case for coming here to live. How will our Polititions like that then?

Latest posts