Meteorite Ch.7 Sunrise

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know who made it up, but it's been made up.

3DDevil you've recorded this onto your mobile, but what is the source of the original video? Was it a recording of the live Sunrise Tv program, or did you source the video from somewhere else?

Also what is the remaining context of the video? Sunrise may have been doing this as a spoof in regards to other reports of UFO/meteor/space junk reports.

You people need to harden up and stop taking offence to others having an opinion.
No one has attacked 3DDevil ...only given an opinion on what they see.

Edit to add....It looks similar to meteorite i have seen in the past...so i think its legit

Not the weather for me mate...Im GRUMPY cause i haven't been able to get a swing in for a few days ARRRRRR :mad: :mad: :mad: :lol: :lol:

Hey listen if I'm wrong about this vid I'll be the first to admit it.

But not only have I seen a lot of very bright fireballs myself, I've been investigating almost every meteorite fall and piece of man-made space junk over eastern Australia for the last 5 years. There's really no way I could have missed hearing about something this major over a populated area, especially not one that was broadcast on live tv.

It stands out like dogs balls in this vid and nobody noticed except one viewer???....doesn't sit right with me.

Aside from that, there are a few things about this that look wrong, based on legitimate meteorite fall videos and what I have witnessed personally.

Myself and a few other amateur hunters are trying to chase this up with Sunrise.

I hope I'm wrong...every daytime fireball is a potential source of meteorites on the ground. It requires further investigation until it can be proven either way.

You people need to harden up and stop taking offence to others having an opinion.
No one has attacked 3DDevil ...only given an opinion on what they see.

I don't mind anyone stating their opinion until it starts having a go at another member. If the video was posted by an anonymous youtuber and had just been found by a member i would not have looked twice at the comments.
As it was a member of the forum who uploaded it i would have expected at least a bit of tact, after all its not hard to question the realism of something without attacking (even if it was unintentional) another member. Especially after the recent mining thread fiasco.

All that was needed was the fist two paragraphs to say he thought it was fake, the final one "I'm calling BS on this vid. It's been created purely for YouTube hits" is attacking 3D from my perspective, as it is saying he intentionally faked the footage and is lying about it, when it seemed obvious he had just shared something unusual he had seen on the t.v.
Again question the source yes, but no need to have a go at the bloke for posting something out of the ordinary.

It really could be anything from utterly fake to a UFO for all i know ;) But i still think it was good spotting from 3D, how many others saw the show and missed it?

LC76 - Yes, I have been attacked by starfield7

starfield7 - It is not a fake. I have not made this up. But for you I will explain exactly how this happened. I woke up that morning like all the others and scratched my nether regions. I then wandered out and turned on the idiot box onto Sunrise. I made myself a coffee and sat down to watch the witty repertoire of Koche and Mel.

Now to explain my home entertainment system a little, I have the TV running through a hard drive recorder that constantly records about 3hrs of TV and loops. So I have the ability to rewind live TV, pause live TV etc. Not uncommon these days.

The story changed to this reporter in the NSW Snowy Mountains, Jindabyne to be exact and she was tasting foods etc from around the region. So nothing about the sky or meteorites or UFO's or anything like that.

So I am sitting there with the wife drinking my coffee and I see the white 'meteorite' flash past. I yell to the wive, did you see that! She says no what? So I rewind the live TV broadcast and watch it again and again. I then think I have to record this somehow, because I cannot save it to the harddrive (if you can I dont know how). So I think Ok, ill use my mobile and video the TV recording I made. So I did it all myself. The video is original footage off the TV.

I don't know why no one else saw it? It happens quick so maybe they didn't spot it like I did. All I know is that I DID NOT FAKE THIS and it was recorded directly by me off the live broadcast and then onto my phone and posted by ME onto YouTube. You seem to be the expert but clearly missed this event mate.

Shivan - Thanks for the support and I think starfield7's comments are an attack on me. All I did was post the video for interest sake.

And starfield7, who knows. It could be a UFO and not a meteorite anyway? I don't know what it is...but logic to me said it must be a meteorite hence the name of the YouTube video

Bejeebers, 8) talk about wrongfully accused (ha), I'm up for the gold, someone send me a gram and I'll send them a couple of silvers back, that'll make me feel better (not thrippies either) :lol:
3D, how are ya mate, could ya please point out the bit I said that's caused you offence at all ,... just so'se I can see clearly for myself, cause mate, I just can't find it at all myself, thinking maybe your a sensitive type fella seeing more into it than what I might have inferred ,.... maybe take a little time to read what I've said and digest it just a little (all's good with me , and I hope all's good with you too). :p
edit in :- (not fools gold either lol). ]:D

Silver, it was the (Travelling Manufactured Object) comment, why I posted your name. Sort of said to me that I made or manufactured this up.

The only person that has actually peeved me is starfield7. Anyway I don't intend to comment anymore.... I am going to go eat popcorn now LOL :D ]:D

I honestly think startfield did not mean to attack you 3D, i think he is just passionate about meteors/meteorites and think he may have missed that you had personally posted the youtube video and put it down to an attention grab.

It would also seem 3D was a bit on the defensive after feeling like he had been called a liar, which iam sure most of us can understand. After all it is one thing to be questioned, but another to be called on bs.

I think this thread just really highlights why we really need to think about what we say online, it is very easy to be taken out of context or jump the gun because we miss read something.
Again what is not offensive to some is to others, that's just why a bit of common courtesy works a lot better than of tongue in cheek humour online.

starfield7 said:
Don't get too excited guys. This looks totally faked. A daylight meteor this big would have been seen by thousands of people, produced a massive sonic shockwave, and would have been noticed by all the crew and producers of the show. There has been absolutely NOTHING about this meteor on social media or the MSM.
It is also travelling WAY TOO FAST, even for the fastest of meteors. Convenient that is just happens to pick the area of sky where there is no cloud.
I'm calling BS on this vid. It's been created purely for YouTube hits. :N: :(

Mate, it's pretty clear that you believe you have some depth of knowledge of fireballs/meteorite falls, but your comments rely too much on some rather unscientific assumptions:
  • The creation of "a massive sonic shockwave" is an assumption, not a statement of fact. If you know as much as you claim, you must surely be aware that it is not the case that observed fireballs always produce audible sonic effects.[/*]
  • As to whether "it is also travelling WAY TOO FAST", I agree that the speed appears surprisingly high, but the trajectory of the body and the direction of its atmospheric entry relative to the earth's own motion, have a massive impact on the observed velocity - again, you should already be well aware of these factors.[/*]
  • Lastly, your comment that "A daylight meteor this big would have been seen by thousands of people", is dependant on the time, the location and the duration of the phenomenon. Given its very short duration, I think your comment most likely exaggerates the potential audience of observers.[/*]

I'm pleased to hear that you and your connections are now trying to follow this event up via the TV network, I just wish you'd been a little more circumspect about jumping in with your possibly erroneous conclusion of fakery. "Hey listen if I'm wrong about this vid I'll be the first to admit it" doesn't cut it with me - I reckon you already owe 3DDevil a public apology. If there's actually fraud involved in this incident (which I personally believe is unlikely), I don't think he's the culprit in any way, shape or form.

3DDevil said:
Silver, it was the (Travelling Manufactured Object) comment, why I posted your name. Sort of said to me that I made or manufactured this up.

The only person that has actually peeved me is starfield7. Anyway I don't intend to comment anymore.... I am going to go eat popcorn now LOL :D ]:D
(HA)&(LOL) ,... by TMO, I meant someone musta made the actual object itself, either man made UFO's(the ones their not gunna tell us about), or alien made( made by an alien life form on some interstellar planet)
I thought I'd make up TMO so's I could cover two birds with one stone ! :lol:
whew, glad we sorted that out. :Y: :party:

silver said:
3DDevil said:

(HA)&(LOL) ,... by TMO, I meant someone musta made the actual object itself, either man made UFO's(the ones their not gunna tell us about), or alien made( made by an alien life form on some interstellar planet)
I thought I'd make up TMO so's I could cover two birds with one stone ! :lol:
whew, glad we sorted that out. :Y: :party:

All good mate ;) :D now wheres the GOLD!! :p :)

Latest posts