May be a bargain? GPX5000 - but in NZ

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
turners and trade me take anything to sell thats offered

how do you distinguish that from a fake one ?

and if its a fake what will you do with it ?

unless you can sight the serial number and run a check with minelab then i wouldnt be touching it . not with my barge pole

ask for a PHOTO of the serial number but thats only half the battle

The chinese factories are even copying the reflective security tag and the only way to check a fake is to get the plastic polarising viewer from minelab and hold it over the security tag on the machine to see if its real

The fakes out there certainly have the potential to damage the 2nd hand market unless going through a reputable dealer.

I suppose if you bought using paypal/ebay you could get your money back if it was found to be a fake. Don't know that an auction house is going to do that..

Steer clear! Too cheap and not much info. Notice there are 3 unanswered questions about it.

The second hand market is safe as long as you can show a copy of the purchase receipt with matching serial number so people can phone the shop in question to verify it

If the seller lost their receipt down the back of the sofa or the dog ate it , then there is some likelyhood of a resemblance of a hint of a taint of a whisper of suspicion to be had.

mind you . how long until the chinese buy a machine to get the receipt and then copy the receipt as well :(

but the fake ones have serial numbers too ?

can try to run that S/N with minelab and ask if the chinese fakes had a few hundred fakes with identical S/N or were they each sequential ?

Hi All,
I just got an automated message from trademe saying the auction is finishing in 12 hrs and bidding is up to $5050

Cheers
Mick

Status
Not open for further replies.