Man Flu Warning

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ive mustered up all of what little energy that remains in my body to pen this information.
Most of us are aware of the dreaded Man Flu and the brutal, severe way by which it attacks the male body. The aches, pains, difficulty in breathing, the tonnage of weight that feels is placed on our chest and lungs.
Its an affliction only men understand and share.
As much as we keep it together, get on with it and do what needs to be done to keep our world revolving during this most difficult time I feel the need to explain to our women the very delicate road to our recovery.
This morning I beckoned the lovely Mrs M and the Little Ms [3 teenage daughters] around my sick bed and caringly explained to them the severity of my sickness and how they can help me to get better.
Im not an unreasonable man [most men are not] so I only except a little effort from each of them.
At this point I can still chew my own food [only through the great inner strength I have]. All I expect is breakfast/lunch and dinner cut into bite size pieces and brought to my sick bed. The T.V to be set on the sports channel [scientifically proven to calm the throbbing in the brain]. My pillows fluffed every now and then, hourly neck massages [on a rotating roster of course, Im not unreasonable] and ultimate control of the T.V remote.
Simple, right?
When I finished explaining what needed to be done I looked at all their faces.
Their jaws had dropped [from the shock I think] and their eyes became large and brightly illuminated [it must have been the fear they felt for my safety].
At this point a small tear formed in the corner of my eye to feel such love from my girls
And then, simultaneously they joined hands and in unison they spoke to me..suck-it-up-prin-ces and then floated out of the room..
A blessing no doubt in that ancient women-talk that they only understand.
I wonder whats for lunch???

Cheers
Chris

You have all the sympathy I can muster, I can only imagine the loneliness you're feeling right now. Women can often be nurturing and loving but when they gang up and turn evil the feeling of abandonment you must have right now has to be truly overwhelming. My thoughts are with you, best of luck on a speedy recovery.
Cheers Peter.

I have the perfect remedy. Lets go for a dig :lol: :lol: :lol:
Speedy recovery mate.

Just to go to the lengths you did, in your condition, only to save them the embarrassment of not knowing what to do is truly heroic and might I add, inspiring.
Lets just hope that your valiant efforts in the face up such impairment are not for naught.

Take care and get well.

Homemade remedy and plenty of rest Chris. Keep the fluids going

Maybe the sight of your highbanker connected to bathroom tap, making that beautiful fountain of water as it washes the dirt away, is what you need :p

Thank you all for your kind words and advice
I"ve taken everybodys input seriously and made the appropriate changes
Headbut.....the H/Banker is now placed beside my bed and the sweet sweet sound of running water soothes my pain.
Remote control in one hand and spade in the other feeding in the dirt while watching documentries on gold.
Joe....The homemade remedy is working a treat. Was that 1/4 scotch to a cup of tea or 1/4 tea to a cup of scotch I opted for the second...after the third cup it dosent matter any more...
The only thing I dont quite understand is why does MrsM feel the need to go and visit her mum now?????
Boy they pack a lot of luggage....

Latest posts