Maldon colonial village - Up for sale

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hard Luck said:
Any takers?? :p

https://www.realestate.com.au/news/...in-regional-victoria/?rsf=syn:news:nca:hs:spa

It might look like a scene straight out of a Ned Kelly, wild west or horror film, but this abandoned old village is just half an hour out of Bendigo and its up for sale.

Buyers can be the sheriff, mayor, bushranger and more of their own colonial community with the owners, who have lived there for 10 years, now hanging up their hats.
I've often looked in passing, but never been in, despite working in Maldon for many years. My feeling was that it was interesting but needed to be more of a drawcard in terms of activities. Maldon itself is a drawcard. Presumably it has made a living, but perhaps could be more - covid must have played havoc with business.

I read that the current owners closed down the tourist part of it 10 years ago and just had it as their private property.

Interesting little place. I just see all the places that snakes could have set up home in those buildings! :)

Cheers,
Megsy

Lived in central Vic for decades. That place was always a lame duck. Not because it was not worth a visit or stay but the owners had no idea what they had made, it was always an awesome place, and the Snob idiots from and in Maldon itself, buried it. Unfortunately the owners relied on the idiot Maldon snobs and....it died.
Wanna live in snob Maldon? Then you have to paint your home in the Maldon approved colours and blah blahblah Maldon approved crap. Thats why its like a cult to live there. If your a hippy, alternative nimbie vegan tree lover all good . Otherwise
, look elsewhere bro!
Buy the village and say to the council "im buying this to grow mung beans, put up tee pees to smoke peace pipes and trip on red and blue shrooms with yellow spots" have smoke ceremonies using hallucinogenic whatever so we can reconect with our inner jellyfish and grow our and everyones inner Maldonish ites! Ooom Oommm Ooommmm!
You will be on a winner.
:perfect:

I always thought of it as a gold-mining town (as it will still be for some time if the area south of the railway station is developed), not a place for snobs. They are the people who come in for the weekend, spend their money, and help stop the town going the way of so many others in central Victoria....

We spent a long weekend at Baringhup last year. Took the family into Maldon for lunch- Nouveau Cuisine, huge plates with a micro-dollop of food in the middle that if it was a gold nugget only the SDC would pick it up. Ridiculous prices, Audi's, Mercs, and even a Tosspot in a Rolls.

1605138702_wankers2.jpg
's

Nice spot. I love the drive alongside the coast in NSW. They have so many bridges with many having some eateries or somewhere to buy fresh fish all the way down and up of course.

JD3 said:
Lived in central Vic for decades. That place was always a lame duck. Not because it was not worth a visit or stay but the owners had no idea what they had made, it was always an awesome place, and the Snob idiots from and in Maldon itself, buried it. Unfortunately the owners relied on the idiot Maldon snobs and....it died.
Wanna live in snob Maldon? Then you have to paint your home in the Maldon approved colours and blah blahblah Maldon approved crap. Thats why its like a cult to live there. If your a hippy, alternative nimbie vegan tree lover all good . Otherwise
, look elsewhere bro!
Buy the village and say to the council "im buying this to grow mung beans, put up tee pees to smoke peace pipes and trip on red and blue shrooms with yellow spots" have smoke ceremonies using hallucinogenic whatever so we can reconect with our inner jellyfish and grow our and everyones inner Maldonish ites! Ooom Oommm Ooommmm!
You will be on a winner.
:perfect:

Well..I'll put my birks on and take some of my herbal tea with me. Reckon they'll approve of that :lol:

1605753921_20200626_174553_1.jpg

Latest posts