Maiden run with my new X-Terra 705

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got out over the weekend with my X-Terra 705 for its first run at finding stuff (outside of my backyard that is).

I played around on an old oval and found the following bits (in the picture below working top to bottom left to right)

1) an old aluminium can, mostly complete but well squashed
2) a piece of well rusted wire
3) two seperate wads of what appears to be tin foil
4) a belt buckle??? maybe? well rusted either way
5) two ring pulls, one had a stamp 1994 on it
6) a thin piece of rusty wire
7) an incomplete pull of a can (I'm guessing)
8) a fragment of a Torquay Mineral Water can
9) an old pen nib
10) about 1/4 on an old toy car
11) a spoiler of part of another toy car
12) an old-ish coke screw on bottle top
13) 4 various bits of metal, on has blue paint which has mostly peeled, the rest are too small to have any clue what they are
14) 20c piece
15) 2c piece

Overall I learnt heaps and was pretty excited that I actually found anything at all, but getting the two coins really topped my day off!

It's all a learning experience elbowgrease. I've had my detector about 18 months but really only become confident I know what I'm digging in the last couple of months.

Nice Haul, Keep at it!!

Fair warning.....its addictive :)

Especially when you get your first pre-dec.....oh boy...

And I thought gold fever was bad....

Nice going Elbowgrease.

I have a 705 as well.
Have not used it in while, but found well almost $100 with it...really easy machine shooting coins.
Heaps of fun :)

Ah... we all remember the day well - this is a typical first hunt and in no time you will be pulling the goodies you see posted here - just get out there and notch up a few hunts and you will be surprised at the results! ;)

Go elbow grease,..get amongst it mate,...If there had of been a silver coin under your coil(looking at your finds) you would have nabbed it first up.

silver said:
Go elbow grease,..get amongst it mate,...If there had of been a silver coin under your coil(looking at your finds) you would have nabbed it first up.

One thing I noticed was the two coins definitely had the most stable signal, the other stuff mostly gave signals that jumped around a lot on the pre-set discrimination settings so I switched it over to all metal mode to pin point and dig it anyway. I figured it'd probably be junk, but I guess sometimes interesting finds turn up that aren't coins!

My old mate has a 305 EG and once he started looking at the numbers and trying to guess what the target would be before he dug, he jumped along in ability,...Now he outshines me somedays with his finds and his ability to look for specific targets in amongst the rubbish(he still borrows my Garrett propointer all the time to aid in his recoveries though).

Good one Elbowgrease. The 705 doesn't muck about when it locates a goody huh, nice solid signal. I still keep checking the ifs but they all have turned out to be rubbish so far. I was supposed to have got this for the misses but Im not sure she likes detecting that much now, just being out there, what a shame, guess ill claim it now :D

Latest posts