Lucky Walbanker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was such a great feeling.
Hey Wal have you ever found a nugget in your tailing pile?
When i found it i immediately thought that i might have scraped another off :eek:
The rest of the day my eyes were focused on every rock that went off the sides.

Not sure if anyone noticed but my cable tray slots run long ways, i was trying to talk myself into getting tray that had the slots the same as Wal's thinking that material might have a better chance of falling through. Might be exactly the same?
An eleco mate of mine got me the tray that was headed for the scrap bin.
Reeko

Happened to me on 2 separate occasions that I know about Reeko. One was a flat nug like the one you got and the other was a specie with about 50% gold in it. Our tailing piles were a lot smaller in those days and both were picked up with my Garrett Groundhog.

That was a long time ago mate, and It was because of this that i got rid of the grizzly and developed a forward classifier. I have found several nuggets on my classifier since that I'm sure would have gone over the grizzly, :( not to mention all the larger Sapphires I know i would have lost.

With the larger tailing piles we have these days, you would need nothing short of a GPX5000 to confidently check the pile.

I would never run a grizzly in locations like where you got those nuggets. There is every chance that much larger ones are in that area, and I'm confident that if you shovel them onto that classifier of yours, they will end up in your jar. ;)

Cheers Wal.

Thanks for sharing that mate. The forward classifier makes alot more sense, more time under the spray bars = cleaner rocks..
Observing all of the rocks/saphires/gold that would otherwise slide off the back of a grizz.
Kind fello at work offered one of his minelabs next time i head there.
Very keen for round two.
Reeko

Latest posts