Long time thinking yet to look

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day all,
I am not even new to prospecting, I have not even started yet, however, I have been looking for information for some time, maps are not the easiest to grab hold of and I am not sure about what books to even look at. Mind you during my googling I found a series of books that I am sure you are well aware of, Gold and Ghosts that are the Bible on prospecting..... their price is well out of what I can afford $300+ per book :(

Anyway, a little more of what got me interested, I have always been fond of finding my own "treasure" but have little to no knowledge on where to look, I live on the Gold Coast and as far as I am aware, Warwick is the closest place to go looking, so I hope to find some great research threads here to help me along a little before I just go out and spend a weekend or a week with no idea what I am dong out in the scrub. I have a child with my partner and having a ball being a father, one of the other reasons I wanted to find some gold was to be able to find enough to make a wedding ring as we are not married yet, but soon. Just saying hello to you all and looking forward to getting to be part of the community :)

Hi Hunter Harvey, just letting you know that at the Glendon Caravan Park there is a fellow that runs Gold detector lessons. He can be contacted by going to the office at the park and they will set you up.
Happy yella hunting.

Thanks for the heads up Jaros, I didn't realise they do Gold detector lessons, you wouldn't happen to know if they hire out detectors at all? I will get in touch with them when I am ready to head on out.

I shall share any discoveries.

Cheers

Call them 07 4667 4756. they hire pans and give detector lessons too. It says you can bring your own detector if you want so they might hire them too? Look under Glendon Camping Grds Yellow pages heading the click on Website. :lol:

G'day Janos, found their website, thank you for that, I will indeed give them a tingle, I look forward to getting out there!

Hi HH,

Bruce Bertram is the fellow who does the training out at Glendons, great bloke, knows all the best areas around Warwick to go to, he does hire out metal detectors and gold pans.

You can contact him direct on 0423 659 001.

Good luck with the hunt. :D

Cheers,

Grant

G'day Grant, thank you for Bruces' details, I will be sure to get in touch with him and make the most of my time with him, appreciate the info :D

Hey Hunter Harvey,
I usually haunt the Glendon area from time to time, in fact I am hoping to head on out for a day run this coming weekend, Sunday actually.
If you are interested let me know and I am sure we will get some yellow stuff for sure.
Cheers
Brad.....

G'day Brad,
I have seen some people mention that they have not had much luck out that way, I am sure it is just a matter of knowing more about area. i can't do weekend coming, but if you happen to go out again some time in the near future, you can count me in, i would be very excited to go out with you and i would be very happy for the company :)
not quite sure how the mods stand on publishing emails on the message boards? if it is not a practice that is wanted, please let me know and I will remove mine.
it is [email protected]

cheers

Latest posts