Long time lurker, first time poster

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Have been lurking about for a while now. Just got an ATX and keen to get out in the Vic goldfields. Even keener to have all the knockers at work eat their words when I find the big one.

Welcome aboard Bishop good on you for joining the team.... regardless of the big one finding your detector or not the mates you will make in this community far outweigh the gold. Good luck out there mate

Hi Bishop, I too have an ATX and while I was in the GF last found a tiddler [0.31g] [not bad for a detector that people on here said would miss the stuff, low and slow] What I did find was that the 20"coil can get really heavy and the sling from Garrett isn't much good. I manufactured a harness out of an old army belt and some slings from old bags, computer bags etc and a short length of bungey cord. The other thing to note is that the harness point at the atx needs to be down the shaft further than at the handle grip. At that point the detector is still too top heavy and it will still kill you arm or shoulder or both. The other thing I might mention is that I tried to use the atx for coin shooting and I guess it can do it well but I decided to get an AT Pro for the coins, and with it Ive been having loads of fun. Hope you do too. TD

Go Bishop,.. prove them all wrong mate,...honestly, just get out there and walk over the thing and then dig it up(have the paperwork in first though). remember everyone else walked over it without digging it up, and that's where you will be different,...don't forget to share the photos on here and don't mention to a soul where you found it(not even to your mates at work), remember LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS.
Cheers and welcome.
Silver.

Welcome Bishop, as soon as you find your first bit of Gold be it a ring or a rock, show it to them with a big grin on your face. :lol:
Jaros :lol: :p :p

Thanks everyone. Looks like the weather this weekend will be perfect for a swing. Thanks for the tip Daz - I got a minelab harness and bungee which seems to take the weight perfectly.

Latest posts