Letting a 14month old have ICE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wishfull said:
Thank you for your comments it comforting that we are not alone, appreciate it The thing that really gets me going is My wife's so called daughter is getting money for looking after aforesaid child when the child hasn't been living with her for 5 months or more. and threatend her Mum that if we take her c/link money she will come and get child and we will never see her again....go figure :mad the law keepers are doing f all about it.
This is what they do mate, call her bluff, i can tell you as family the law looks at it as possession is 9/10s of the law even with children, go see child welfare and apply for custody

Wishfull said:
scottlucky said:
Good luck, they are lucky to have you both.
Maybe a longer term plan when it suits you can take the 5 year old with you and your wife on the trip around Aust for a few months.

best education ever.
Well funny you should say that. We are contemplating that just beed to organise a few other things before that can happen.

No amount of money can buy that experience and educators can't teach it. It'll be the best decision you ever made imo.

I said to the wife 12 months ago let's sell the lot buy a boat and sail the open seas, with 2 sons in toe. Needless to say I'm still her BUGGER. I suppose never having sailed before could be the sticking point. Got the idea from a NSW copper who wrote a book, The Cost of Bravery bloody good read enough to make anyone want to do it. An amazing man he'd fit right into the Let's Talk thread.

Best of luck Whishfull I hope you get the chance to live that experience.

nicko61 said:
Wishfull said:
Thank you for your comments it comforting that we are not alone, appreciate it The thing that really gets me going is My wife's so called daughter is getting money for looking after aforesaid child when the child hasn't been living with her for 5 months or more. and threatend her Mum that if we take her c/link money she will come and get child and we will never see her again....go figure :mad the law keepers are doing f all about it.
This is what they do mate, call her bluff, i can tell you as family the law looks at it as possession is 9/10s of the law even with children, go see child welfare and apply for custody

Yep that's what I told my wife , call her bluff cos she would loose in a court of law. Child welfare yep everyone says that but what will happen..Zip because none of them are game to go into a very volatile situation and demand anything from Ice addicted dh's, it's a job for Police not every day desk jockeys that get upset if someone shouts at them.

RM Outback said:
Wishfull said:
scottlucky said:
Good luck, they are lucky to have you both.
Maybe a longer term plan when it suits you can take the 5 year old with you and your wife on the trip around Aust for a few months.

best education ever.
Well funny you should say that. We are contemplating that just beed to organise a few other things before that can happen.

No amount of money can buy that experience and educators can't teach it. It'll be the best decision you ever made imo.

I said to the wife 12 months ago let's sell the lot buy a boat and sail the open seas, with 2 sons in toe. Needless to say I'm still her BUGGER. I suppose never having sailed before could be the sticking point. Got the idea from a NSW copper who wrote a book, The Cost of Bravery bloody good read enough to make anyone want to do it. An amazing man he'd fit right into the Let's Talk thread.

Best of luck Whishfull I hope you get the chance to live that experience.

Like that... Read the little book called "Johnathann Livingston Seagull written by Richard Bach

From Wikipedia

Plot:
The book tells the story of Jonathan Livingston Seagull, a seagull who is bored with daily squabbles over food. Seized by a passion for flight, he pushes himself, learning everything he can about flying, until finally his unwillingness to conform results in his expulsion. An outcast, he continues to learn, becoming increasingly pleased with his abilities as he leads a peaceful and happy life.

One day, Jonathan is met by two gulls who take him to a "higher plane of existence" in which there is no heaven but a better world found through perfection of knowledge. There he meets other gulls who love to fly. He discovers that his sheer tenacity and desire to learn make him "pretty well a one-in-a-million bird." In this new place, Jonathan befriends the wisest gull, Chiang, who takes him beyond his previous learning, teaching him how to move instantaneously to anywhere else in the Universe. The secret, Chiang says, is to "begin by knowing that you have already arrived." Not satisfied with his new life, Jonathan returns to Earth to find others like him, to bring them his learning and to spread his love for flight. His mission is successful, gathering around him others who have been outlawed for not conforming. Ultimately, the very first of his students, Fletcher Lynd Seagull, becomes a teacher in his own right, and Jonathan leaves to teach other flocks.

Sound weird but it get's you in. Basically what it says is:
You can achieve whatever you want to achieve.

I recon that's a good piece of advice for us prospectors anyway.

It has been years since I heard anything about JLS.... brings back some memories... Yes take the kids for a trip, best ed they will ever get...and you can home school while your away.... and also apply to c/link while your away too... then there's no way they will find you or bother you for as long as YOU want.....

LoneWolf...

Wishfull said:

Just go on your planned trip with the child, they'd love it and you'll get away from the icehead. No need to change your plans, having a kid a long will just make it different to what it would have been but maybe more rewarding. Oh, put a clink request in for payments before you go and let them handle the icehead.
Jon

Very Nasty Chemicals involved....Sucks right into walls and timber.... saw a house that was used as a 'Lab'... after the cops raided, it took the owner 14 months and god knows how much money to fix ... You can buy a test kit from Bunnings to test for the stuff ..Ice freaks should all be used as crab bait.....

LoneWolf...

LoneWolf said:
Ice freaks should all be used as crab bait
Mate, I agree your comment applies metaphorically to all producers and most (the greedy) dealers, but not most users who've succumbed under hard emotional times etc. We need to help those break the habit and reach to their full potential in this glorious world. I think that the many ads on local radio for ICE rehabilitation clinics are bloody marvellous (many started by pre-addicts), but more certainly needs to be done! Finally don't forget, that our older generation, love of the bush and addiction to prospecting may be what shields each of us from this fate.

with 8000 members i bet there are heaps off places u can camp .have a beer ,talk prospecting.Most important chill out . as a new member i would like to think this is what this forum is all about .Helping each other

BigWave said:
LoneWolf said:
Ice freaks should all be used as crab bait
Mate, I agree your comment applies metaphorically to all producers and most (the greedy) dealers, but not most users who've succumbed under hard emotional times etc. We need to help those break the habit and reach to their full potential in this glorious world. I think that the many ads on local radio for ICE rehabilitation clinics are bloody marvellous (many started by pre-addicts), but more certainly needs to be done! Finally don't forget, that our older generation, love of the bush and addiction to prospecting may be what shields each of us from this fate.

Spot on about the rehab clinics from what I'm hearing (adverts and talk back radio) most if not all are a success due addicts who have a passion for life and those they care about, unfortunately that seems to be a minute percent. Mind you I think some people in this hobbie/game might know more than they let on when it comes to drugs. I'm not suggesting anyone on PA but I've met a few dubious people over the years, be it discussing prospecting or in the field. Maybe the recent thefts (Ballarat) were committed by someone with some knowledge who succumbed to drugs for their own reason. At the end of the day those who want help will seek it and those who have a passion for life will succeed.

Hey Wishfull
Sorry to hear of your situation,Child Protection work closely with the police when investigating these cases and given it is a growing problem within the community they are very responsive. It sounds like your situation will only get worse for you and the children without intervention so maybe it's worth giving them a call. Best of luck.

BigWave , that's the problem. Up here on the Gold Coast we have f$%K all help for them... The Powers to be think that rehab is a waist of money... if you use ice in QLD you are basically on your own.... If you want to pay big bucks you may get in..... Best advice is DON'T TOUCH THE STUFF.... no matter how hard life is...

RM Outback , You will come across 'Dubious' people in all walks of life....unfortunately that's life... and yes, they are probably on here too.... no doubt Drugs and recent finds have highlighted how much these Detectors are worth and the resale value.... Don't present the opportunity for thieves and they will look elsewhere...

There is a small town in nth nsw I visit often, and its a shame to see the affects of Ice has had on this once beautiful area and the people that live there.... :/

LoneWolf...

narra said:
Hey Wishfull
Sorry to hear of your situation,Child Protection work closely with the police when investigating these cases and given it is a growing problem within the community they are very responsive. It sounds like your situation will only get worse for you and the children without intervention so maybe it's worth giving them a call. Best of luck.

Well I am afraid that I don't have much faith in the Child Protection Agency here in S.A. going by their record. Things will heat up soon because my wife is about to go to Center Link and dob her daughter in who is living in a different town in the mid north with her ice head partner whatever he is, the daughter has been getting payments from C/L up to right now and we have had the child in school here since March.

Stay tuned

Oh mate I'm so sorry to read ya have to go through this sort of thing... Not fair on the little one and yourselves ..... Good luck mate.

Mate, You and you wife have my full respect taking in someone else kids that needed you.

We are a permanent foster family to 4 kids under the age of 6 due to a Ice addiction problem and severe domestic violence. Its a horror drug and its messing up a lot of families.

We also have 3 teenagers of our own so we have 7 kids aged 16, 14, 13, 6, 4, 2, 11 months.

The kids we are caring for are deemed "high needs" children. Both my partner and myself have been asked to be stay at home parents due to the constant needs of the kids. When the children were removed from their parents after a severe domestic situation the mother was 7 months pregnant with the baby. Family and community services could not find a family to take them all so they seperated them. thats when we stepped in and took them all so they were kept together. When the baby was born he was removed from his mother and handed to us in the hospital from birth. That was a year ago. Things have become a lot easier as time goes on as we slowly mould these kids into respectful loving kids.

These kids have changed 100% from who they were 12 months and hopefully we have broken the vicious circle of monkey see monkey do that was happening with their parents and their grandparents etc etc

So from one carer to another, Well done buddy.

Latest posts