Leinster/Sandstone WA region

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jed

Jed Bartlett
Reaction score
Just arrived in Leinster WA (first time in the area) for a family event. Bought along the GPX5000 for a swing. Weather is perfect, beer is cold & the mining locals are very friendly. Any advice, tips or suggestions would be appreciated. PM me if you prefer. Wish me luck :lol:
cheers
Jed

I have got some nice gold round Agnew before, that's the closest spot I have to Leinster. Good luck over there, pop in for a beer if you come to Meeka.

DD

Thx DD - my nephew is taking us for a tour of ghost towns & mine sites today including Agnew. There is a lot of quartz & ironstone (pepper & salt) in the Leinster/Agnew area so I guess this bodes well for detecting :)
After Leinster we will be going across to Kalbarri (via Mt Magnet) to visit my sister so we will not be going thru Meeka this time - catch you for a beer in May 2014 when we are back in Leinster/WA for 6mths.
cheers Jed

I am leaving to prospect for a month or two in July. I have been researching Leinster and Sandstone areas. I have noticed a lot more pending land in the Sandstone area than near Leinster.

Is that because Sandstone is an inferior area????// Which region would be best for my first extended prospecting trip?

Looking forward to your advice

They just keep changing which is why you need to keep an eye over them.

Two plus years ago you couldn't move around Sandstone because of live tenements all of a different company. So the cycle continues with the new owners in a pending stage while all the approvals go through.

Thanks very much Westaus

Westaus said:

Two plus years ago you couldn't move around Sandstone because of live tenements all of a different company. So the cycle continues with the new owners in a pending stage while all the approvals go through.

Westaus said:

Westaus, I am planning a WA trip next year in association with the PA to WA group outing, but will likely want to do some prospecting earlier up near Halls Creek, then Marble Bar, Karratha and then back near the Sandstone, Que area on my way back to meet the others at Leonora. I was thinking of getting your dvd extracts of info for those areas of interest and was wondering -
- How far in advance would be appropriate to get that data from you
- How would I need to specify the areas of interest, etc.

While I started to get my own access to Tengraph, things came unstuck with the Citrix access for some reason, so was thinking it may be easiest to take you up on the use of your info.

Rob.

Thanks Rob, I have sent you some details. As a general answer to your questions in case others wanted to know.

- How far in advance? Start now learn the software
- I will send you the details on the maps and regions available. WA is huge, less is more in this case focus in on an area.
- Update tenements as you need. In general every couple of months while researching.
- Put in a form to get access then it doesn't matter what happens to the tenements.
- We have several places picked, if one goes green we just go to the next. It is still kept and marked though for another time.
- Tengraph sucks! only main use is for setting up the tenements and the 40e etc... forms. Some land use and special areas. While it does have a research side, I personally find much easier ways than using this. Hence why I have never applied for a 40e or similar.

Hope that helps

Westaus

Latest posts