Learning to pan

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey all,

Done a bit of detecting in my time and have always wanted to learn how to pan.

Is there anywhere you can go these days (gold shops etc) that do a training session?

Would love to learn.

Cheers

Jez

That would be awesome, Done a bit of reading on panning/sluicing etc. Does look like good fun.

Ive done a bit of everything, and have always had the most fun with panning / sluicing. But I havnt had the finding a nugget feeling detecting either. Love being in the water, but at times it can be scarse, especially in the triangle. But if theres a puddle, a pan and shovel is all you need to find gokd :)

After watching Youtube panning vids, check out other vids like prospector Jess for info on where and how the gold will deposit.

I also got a fishing sinker for practicing, squash it and cut it up into small pieces. I spray painted mine red. Then you can practice panning and build up confidence, then you can hit the creeks and get that Gold! :D

Thanks for the info guys. Youtube it is, Then i guess i'll head out and see how terrible I am at it :p

I reckon that vid that Tassie Daz has is the best.
I watched that one and used his techniques and found gold.
I'm also a fan of "Gold Rush" :)

mfdes said:
Also do a search for the tap and backwash method. Hugely useful for cleaning up cons.
Thanks for your site and the video's they were great.

Latest posts