Learning Curve NOX800

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, after advice on here i picked up a NOX800 to start my prospecting education. Figured id share my collection of worthless rubbish.

Ive had a few trial runs an a local beach netting $183 so far. But took it with me on a family trip to a cattle station this weekend and snuck in an hour or so yesterday arvo.
Seems the Army used this place for some exercises and after finding the FRED and the first couple 5.56 blank cartridges, i could just about put together the rest of the platoon position. So I went directly to where the minimi should have been placed and found more brass than i could be bothered picking up.

Ive learnt how ring-pulls sound so wont bother digging double blips anymore?

1536474869_f4b8713c-d8d3-448e-b72e-ecb502671bac.jpg

No Gold here on this station according to the cocky, even though we were camped on sluice creek, and drove down eureka track and past tailings pond to get there.....

We never stop learning..
Welcome to the Nox (DARK) side..If your not looking you wont find.The old can opener brings back memories :perfect: :Y:

Double blips are usually round stuff right near the surface. Nearly always recently dropped stuff so better off ignoring them unless you're on a beach where gold rings might have been recently dropped. They can sound very much like a ringpull or 10c piece.

Cheers Smokey, i figured that would give a few blokes some memories, if not nightmares.

I hadnt thought about rings Dave, will have to keep digging them for now until I can learnt to tell em apart.

Yeah Makka, just a pile of rubbish there but was excited to share what it represents in learning. I called the coin demonominstions before digging, so the beach learning paid off ?

My 6yo daughter has been glued to my side. Reckon there might be a go-find under the Christmas tree for her.

Meller9.3 said:
Well, after advice on here i picked up a NOX800 to start my prospecting education. Figured id share my collection of worthless rubbish......
hahaha looks like a typical day for me when I play around with the 705
here's to all us trash collectors, cleaning up Australia :beer: :beer:

Ringpulls and pulltabs are 2 real nuisance targets that sound like good ones, the rectangular pulltabs are easier to ignore in trashy ground as mostly they give a lower signal and target ID compared with goldies, the problem is though they are very close to quite a few nice gold rings that I've found. On the beach though I pretty much try to dig everything except beer bottle tops. Normally they are pretty easy to pick as most beer bottle caps will not give a stable tone or ID, some will but most don't.

If you switch to 5khz over beer bottle tops the tone and ID will jump up to a high tone, most good targets like coins and jewellery won't, they will be quite stable still at a different frequency.

Latest posts