Just plain pooped....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day all, really starting to feel some anxiety with my studies 8.(
Had the kids and wife sick most of the week and have my final math assignment and a 1000 word essay due monday :eek: Feels like I have had no time to get any work done.
Have been working my butt of when I can but are only 1/2 way through the maths and only have 840 words in the essay though I have kind of finished what I was saying :|
To make all that worse got my math exam next month....... Also had a few bits and pieces arrive for one of out HB so all I want to do is head out for a dig :rolleyes:

Hope you are all having a better time than me ;)

I'm hearing ya mate. Just handed in my geology assignment , 36 pages! Got all three exams in two weeks time (geology, chemistry and maths) which isn't leaving much prospecting time. And the native title board are being a pain in the ass with my new lease, I have to meet em out there next week and give them more $$$. Robbing bastards, there is barely any topsoil left on there from previous workings, so I will be interested in hearing how my works will be effecting them.
Good luck with your exams mate, I'm sure you will do just fine.

DD

Stick in there Shivan, Keep focused on the Big Picture mate. Winter's approaching and as the "Ice" settles on the water, your urge to stay home on the couch in front of a warm fire, with text book in hand, will grow stronger than sticking your toes into the frozen creek. Hope the family is getting better.... Cheers Wal. :)

hi, shivan and DD, all the study and effort will bring its own rewards, in time to come, nothing that is worthwhile comes easy, or without a price. you have both earned the respect of a lot of people, and the envy, for making the effort, and sharing the journey. Keep it up and don't get discouraged. Good luck with the lease, DD hope it all works out for you. we hope to catch up with you all when we can get back out in the field.cheers geoff n grace.

Diggerdude said:
I'm hearing ya mate. Just handed in my geology assignment , 36 pages! Got all three exams in two weeks time (geology, chemistry and maths) which isn't leaving much prospecting time. And the native title board are being a pain in the ass with my new lease, I have to meet em out there next week and give them more $$$. Robbing bastards, there is barely any topsoil left on there from previous workings, so I will be interested in hearing how my works will be effecting them.

DD

Geology would be very daunting, though extremely interesting. 36 pages farout! I thought it would be all
fieldtrips and playing with cool rocks. They always have to spoil studies with essays. Geology and chemistry
I could do, maths ..............

I would have got a high distinction in my audio courses if it were not for the maths. Whenever I see an
equation I feel dizzy.

Wow DD looks like I will have some work ahead of me next year :eek: Hope you are doing well with it all.
Shame to hear about the native title board being a pain :mad: hopefully you will get it sorted without too many hassles.

Thanks everyone else for the kind words :)

I now have my essay just to the word limit (or the 10% leeway) and for now am just trying to focus on the math. Iam getting there and hope I do not have to ask for an extension but I will see how iam going tomorrow.

Just peeped outside and saw how nice a day it was 8.( started thinking how nice it would be at the ford right about now :rolleyes:

Ian good luck to you & Trent. I'm sure you will both do well with your courses. Bob & I went to Oallen for a few hours today. He wanted to try the crevices on the crossing. Not much good. I'm afraid they have been worked to death :rolleyes: We were only home a little while & Dave rang. He has broken down at Marulan & needs a tow. :lol: I think we will have to start up a little business. :lol: Travel safely Trend & Jackie. Hope the family are all better now Ian

Cheers
ran :)

ranma said:
Ian good luck to you & Trent. I'm sure you will both do well with your courses. Bob & I went to Oallen for a few hours today. He wanted to try the crevices on the crossing. Not much good. I'm afraid they have been worked to death :rolleyes: We were only home a little while & Dave rang. He has broken down at Marulan & needs a tow. :lol: I think we will have to start up a little business. :lol: Travel safely Trend & Jackie. Hope the family are all better now Ian

Cheers
ran :)

I just got back to camp and had a message from Dave asking for your number, I guess he found it. Hope he gets going again quick, I know how it feels as bob recently had to tow me also, the business is a good idea by the sounds of things ;) . Well worth while taking it to goodwins that was the cheapest trip to the mechanic I have ever had.

DD

Heatho said:
Diggerdude said:

DD

Geology would be very daunting, though extremely interesting. 36 pages farout! I thought it would be all
fieldtrips and playing with cool rocks. They always have to spoil studies with essays. Geology and chemistry
I could do, maths ..............

I would have got a high distinction in my audio courses if it were not for the maths. Whenever I see an
equation I feel dizzy.

I'm enjoying the geology and chemistry as thy are interesting and useful but hate the bloody maths, my lecturer speaks fluent swahelee, unfortunately I don't :( .

DD

Nil Desperandum

If i had my time over again I'd be a Geologist - quite simply the rocks are witness to our creation (in the non biblical sense) which to steal a phrase is the "3rd rock from the sun"!

I'm on the up side of 50 and I wonder if it's only me, who of the 1000's of other motorists who drive the Eastern Freeway into Melbourne every day and who wonders at the story the rocks tell in the freeway cuttings as the tilted and faulted sedimentry rocks give way to volcanic basalt as you approach the city of Melbourne. Never boring - absolutely fascinating.............

CASPER

Latest posts