Just another newbie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls..my name is Dave..
My short story is that I got let go from work after 20yrs work..no payout..goin' thru fegs..my missus is recovering from the big C..a car accident and has a gummy knee..so has difficulty working..so we sat down one afternoon n decided to sell up n do some touring in our van being towed by ba ute..(sold all other cars)...as we both have relatives from Cairns..to Canberra.. Albury (where I lived for the first 25yrs).. Melbourne...and inbetween,.so going up north . Then inland then sth..well all over the place I spose..the missus says I should do a bit of prospecting whilst we are out n about..why not??used to do it when I was 20yrs old ..odd.. digging bottles . detecting....so I've been lurking on this very informative forum to get an idea of what we should aquire for the trip.. mainly seives n pans bucket n info...she's going to suck me in n buy a SDC 2300 I think... :eek: ...going to do a bit of free camping .. anyway in about a month we'll be off ..1st stop will be innasfail then west probly... maybe 1770 first... :D ..big long winded post..but wanted to get it out there..thanks dave

Welcome to PA Dave and the Missus, sounds like youre both doing the best thing getting out and about. May the gold gods smile upon you in your travels. :goldpan: :pickshovel: :goldnugget: Fresh air and sunshine, ya cant beat it.

Bad luck comes with good luck. Maybe it's your turn to find a big one. If your near Karara Qld I'm there every second weekend. Pullin for beer. My shout for first couple. Good luck. Mark

Thanks to all.replies ...ward69 ..thanks..but to me it's not bad luck... LOL.its just wat happens in life..so it is wat it is.... just means I'm going on a new adventure...

...and looking forward to it...
...and will update somewhere here ...
Perhaps just for giggiles...or good luck happening..

...Dave...

Latest posts