jackpot

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Still Looking

Graham
Reaction score
My son and I went and detected a couple of sports ovals in his home town ....we put in about 15 hrs over 4 days ..these were found in 3 days and all up the total over the 4 days was $210.....his finds are on the left and using a Garret Ace 250 and mine on the right using my xterra 305...I reckon he cheated.. :)

My son was saying one of his friends father detects there ocassionally and generally gets good finds also...we tuned in for $1 and $2 to eliminate the bulk of the junk ..

I thought I'd better point out that these sports grounds don't get used much now and we only detected around the perimeter not on the actual playing fields

That looks like a nice haul. I may have to get myself a detector.
Still Looking said:
My son and I went and detected a couple of sports ovals in his home town ....we put in about 15 hrs over 4 days ..these were found in 3 days and all up the total over the 4 days was $210.....his finds are on the left and using a Garret Ace 250 and mine on the right using my xterra 305...I reckon he cheated.. :)
http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv32/daylighted/7398add1-01c9-48c8-b660-72feb6638963_zpsa1c4dfd8.jpg

Damn! thats a wicked haul...any silvers?

EDIT: never mind I thought the ones on the left were pre's at first glance

Excellent results 8)
I still haven't had a go at this coin shooting game.
That's good going Still Looking.
Thanks for posting up

What a great haul of cash 'Still Looking'. The garrett 250 and Minelab 305 are punching above their weight and by those results would put alot of much more expensive machines to shame.Keep up the great work

I went to the local gymkhana grounds yesterday and scored 3x$2/1x$1.1x50c......found 4x$2/2x$1 there a couple of weeks ago so its still hiding there....a couple of finds were in the area that I searched last time ..lots of pull tabs and buried crushed cans so sorting the signals is tricky...I have found that if I can isolate a good signal like a 32 on the 305 it usually is a $2 or $1...what that means is if it is jumping around say 20 to 36 and a 32 comes up I pinpoint that with the detector and it seems to be a coin (most times)...having said that full cans crushed or otherwise register 32 and aluminium caps off bundy or johnny walker bottles etc. are the same..

Still Looking said:
I went to the local gymkhana grounds yesterday and scored 3x$2/1x$1.1x50c......found 4x$2/2x$1 there a couple of weeks ago so its still hiding there....a couple of finds were in the area that I searched last time ..lots of pull tabs and buried crushed cans so sorting the signals is tricky...I have found that if I can isolate a good signal like a 32 on the 305 it usually is a $2 or $1...what that means is if it is jumping around say 20 to 36 and a 32 comes up I pinpoint that with the detector and it seems to be a coin (most times)...having said that full cans crushed or otherwise register 32 and aluminium caps off bundy or johnny walker bottles etc. are the same..

Hi SL

We are having the same issue with the Xterra 705 - bottle tops and old type pull tabs ring up with the same numbers as the one and two dollar coins ... but because they are the moderns you want to find you end up having to dig them anyway. My Ace350 does a good job of identifying the pull tabs but I am also digging mucho bottle caps!

Every time I read a story with ace 250 in it ,I get excited and cant wait for mine to arrive. Santa was a bit late . Nice find guys . Good to see the young fella give the old bloke a whoopin. gaz

You will do well with the Ace 250 mate..a great coin detector as my son has proven ..Santa must have been flat out this year I'm still waiting for mine.... apparently its a tumbler..gonna have some clean coins and pretty stones

I remember dads tumbler in the early 70's . I reckon every neighbour within 5 km hated us . It was an old electric cement mixer full of stones . I swear I can still hear that noise echoing around Ipswich 40 years later :D . Gaz

My mate has a xterra 305 and I have an ace 250 and our coin find is about the same ratio as (still looking and his son). Ace 250 finds heaps more every time ,and we both have similar skill levels to each other.

Latest posts