It's Been So Cold And Wet That ...........

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've had a go at building a blog site to share our travel photo's on. Between Bronny and I we have a couple of thousand pic's just sitting on the computer and out of site .So I've had to learn the how, where, why of wordpress :/ and a heap of other stuff :eek:

the 1st couple of pages are up now with lots more to come, just be warned it is very picture heavy :)

Constructive criticism is welcome, especially from any other website builders, :Y: but please remember I know nothing about coding, I'm strictly a point and shoot builder :)
So here it is in all it's glory

www.keithandbronnies.photos :Y:

Cheers Keith

Some nice photos on the main page.

Just a tip for you, from what I can tell you have registered the domain yourself via Namecheap. Go to your DNS (Domain Name) manager webpage and in there should be an 'ID Protection' option, enable it. I will show you why via a private message. Basically all your details are available if you do not have ID Protection enabled.

As for coding, unless you can access the CSS directories on the hosting server, there isn't a lot you can code in respects to Wordpress. Unless you want to make your own theme or dramatically change an existing one.

With images, try to keep them small, or this will turn people off your blog, especially if posts are laden with large (file size) images. If you don't have any photo editing software you could look at paint.net, it is a very nice, easy to use program - and it is free. https://www.getpaint.net/index.html

If you want help with code, html or css I am happy to give you a hand or even create a bit of a site for you.

Looks good to me :Y: the major ticket item in my bucket list is a trip around Australia one day it will happen just not sure when. I only had a quick squiz keen to have a better look, when time permits I'll grab a beer and show my wife to see if I can speed things up a bit :lol: :Y:. Thanks for sharing.

Looks good.

The old jackaroo - Turbo Diesel or petrol? My in laws used to have a TD jackaroo late 90's model. Great car. They should never have got rid of it.

Have fun on your travels.

A bit of feedback for you from my samsung.
can't get to any photo album to look through.
I can get to about us for a good read. :Y:
1505681702_screenshot_2017-09-18-06-50-13.jpg

The pop down menu works ok. :Y:
1505681805_screenshot_2017-09-18-06-50-38.jpg
:)
but when I go into blog
1505681894_screenshot_2017-09-18-06-50-53.jpg

this is all I get. :(
1505681978_screenshot_2017-09-18-06-51-41.jpg

And it finishes just below with this
1505682033_screenshot_2017-09-18-06-51-51.jpg

I'll have to check on the computer to see how it works, but, just thought I'd show you that the Samsung Galaxy Prime Core is not getting a lot to see.
just the few pictures on the home page that scroll through by themselves (about 5 different ones).
:D
hope this helps ! :D 8)

Thanks Silver, I just checked, it looks ok from my end, did you click on the red headings on the blog page ?
If you did I've got a problem
cheers Keith :)

Latest posts