Is it just me

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That the spirit mate if anything you can say you are cleaning up the park ]:D ]:D
Just keep plodding along mate it will come
I have a park 100m from me which is full of people just about every weekend BUT no coins only rubbish
But it fun to do as you just never know

Hi guys my first post, Well I have been struggling with this exact same thing. I bought a detector (2 actually) a month ago and find I feel embarrassed as well. I watch you tube all the time but hardly go hunting as I feel as though I am doing something wrong...kind of a weird feeling.

cheers

Welcome mate to the best forum
Dont take it to heart mate i did the same for a long time
Get out in your back yard bury some targets the practice
As i have said before use you partners jewelry that way it gives you a good incentive to find it
Just practice and the hit the beach or parks
It will come to you with time

rockdev said:
Hi guys my first post, Well I have been struggling with this exact same thing. I bought a detector (2 actually) a month ago and find I feel embarrassed as well. I watch you tube all the time but hardly go hunting as I feel as though I am doing something wrong...kind of a weird feeling.

cheers
If you are digging nice plugs and filling in any holes then you aren't doing anything wrong mate.As Marksman has said practice a few plugs before hitting the parks.I have felt the same way at times,I was approached by some council guys and thought "here we go".They asked if I had found anything,so I showed them a couple of coins and told them about previous finds,showed them the rubbish and they left.If they said anything about me digging I was ready to ask them to point out the 20 odd holes (which were virtually invisible) I had dug in the area.Hope this helps to ease your mind a bit.

Thanks for the comments guys, I actually went out today and found a couple of dollars and 3 old army sweet condensed milk rolled up metal tubes. I have a good plug cutter and pin pointer and will setup a test bed for sure.

cheers guys

Very interesting reading.
I went out with a mate a while ago and also had a weird feeling about detecting also.
But that soon disappeared when I got my first target (Shotgun primer) but was all good after that.
Still haven't found any gold yet but the rubbish I'm finding is getting smaller so I must be doing something right I guess..

Latest posts