Introduction

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello all,

A little about me;
Grown up with an interest in geology and archaeology.

Have never done any hunting but I've read plenty of books, read forum posts and done research on gems and treasures in Australia.

Originally from Adelaide, currently living in Darwin but moving to Adelaide in April.

I am planning on visiting Harts Range and Cooper Pedy to discover the history of the locations and maybe grab a treasure or two.

I am also into old settler and military items. As a child I lived in an old war camp and used to find bottles, shoes and coins on the surface and down 30cm

Thank you if you read this far, looking forward to sharing ideas and stories with the community.

Cheers, Curiosify

Hello all,

A little about me;
Grown up with an interest in geology and archaeology.

Have never done any hunting but I've read plenty of books, read forum posts and done research on gems and treasures in Australia.

Originally from Adelaide, currently living in Darwin but moving to Adelaide in April.

I am planning on visiting Harts Range and Cooper Pedy to discover the history of the locations and maybe grab a treasure or two.

I am also into old settler and military items. As a child I lived in an old war camp and used to find bottles, shoes and coins on the surface and down 30cm

Thank you if you read this far, looking forward to sharing ideas and stories with the community.

Cheers, Curiosify
Welcome to the Forum Curiosify. Great to see you are chasing gems as well as gold as this will double the enjoyment you will get out of the hobby. Harts Range will be a very interesting location for you as the garnets and zircons are very easy to find. Just be careful as to know exactly where you are as many private leases are out that way these days and researching old posts can get you into some trouble if you are on a current lease. Unfortunately much has changed out that way in the last few years but there is still a lot of locations that will keep you very interested in the gemstones of the region. Good luck with it all and see you amongst some of the threads....Wal.

Latest posts