In a tight spot.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MDH

Reaction score
Well in the literal sense anyway...

The little bro and myself took a day trip through the triangle at the start of the week. The intention was to find some sort of flow to test the river sluice out, alas no flow just puddles that we were soon to find out are FULL of leeches. So a change of tactics had us on our first crevicing expedition for the day, we were turning up a bit of color but about half way through the day my bro pulled about 25 nice colors from barely a handful of dirt, and by the end of that crevice well over 50 specs from a crack we'd already walked past many times that morning. Now the eyes were peeled for similar crevices presenting the same... Over the next 4 hours we went from having a combined tally of about 0.1g to 1.3grams by days end. So all in all a great learning was had for the both if us.

I took a quick snap of a couple of the bigger pieces for the day... the biggest @0.2g
1395298278_040-1.jpg

And the leeches... These things dont go un noticed when they bite,I'm used to the little black ones you dont even know you picked up...
1395298474_028.jpg

Nice clinkers matty, I wondered were all the leeches from Grabben Gullen went this year someone must have posted them to Vic ;)

Cheers

C&L

Yes teemore in what puddles remained in the stream.

C&L... I think they may have all migrated south then, I've found them netting mudeye's before but not like this, as soon as you started swishing the pan and disturbing the water you could see them in the muddy wash. Usually I place a nice rock chair in the water and have my feet in the pool... Not this time!!!

Latest posts