If planning on beach detecting after the blow... do it now

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toecutta

JasonB
Reaction score
After the winds rain and swell of the last few days... if any of you are thinking of going out with the mystery stick to see what has been turned over do it sooner rather than latter

In the east we have bobcats dozzers and diggers on the beaches already pushing sand around

anything that was uncovered will be covered back up by the dozers within the next 24hrs... the problem with this is there is no natural settling making reading the beach tough going

get out there NOW!

Best advice ever TC,.... But still be careful to not get injured,.... Do it safely. ;)

damn straight! there aint no road rules to cover bobcats on beaches <giggling>
and they are too busy playing "TRUCKS" like a school kid.. i know i would be too! :D

but agree... 100% safety 1st... always...

Went out with Heatho this morning but the damage was already done, :mad: we persevered by cranking sensitivity right up and punched through the pushed sand to where the glory trail should have been instead of moving to more natural surrounds.

Bad call, barely enough to cover coffee and not enough to cover fuel. Thank goodness I didn't pay for parking. ( :8 sorry for the low blow Heath)

1429769738_image.jpg

Wally69 said:
Thank goodness I didn't pay for parking. ( :8 sorry for the low blow Heath)

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1429769738_image.jpg

That's alright mate you actually saved me from getting a fine even after paying my 8 bucks (expensive parking around here :eek: ). Anyone who buys me a coffee can say almost anything to me without without me being offended. :)

Wow you got about 10 bucks worth of fishing tackle too. Got to be Gold rings and stuff near where that Lead patch was.

My haul. We were into the deep crusty coins that had been there a long time, I reckon we were beaten by the tide more than anything, a convenient low tide will yield better I think. Will take a while for the sand to build up as it was before the storm.

1429774389_20150423_171936.jpg

Oh yeah there was enough sand in my bucket to test that idea I had regarding the Black sand on that beach. There is some type of Silvery metallic stuff in it but no Yellow stuff except the sand, unless it's deeper. Just had to pan some off, lol.......... Got the fever bad. :D Floats like flour Gold, flour Platinum maybe? I wish.

1429774515_20150423_172027.jpg

toecutta said:
After the winds rain and swell of the last few days... if any of you are thinking of going out with the mystery stick to see what has been turned over do it sooner rather than latter

In the east we have bobcats dozzers and diggers on the beaches already pushing sand around

anything that was uncovered will be covered back up by the dozers within the next 24hrs... the problem with this is there is no natural settling making reading the beach tough going

get out there NOW!

Some beaches have several feet of sand gone though and only the heavier stuff left where it was churned up badly. Most really light junk is gone which is good. I was swinging the SDC today so it was punching a good foot and a bit down, some targets were surprisingly deep. Should be some good pickings where the heavier stuff concentrates.

washers.. always washers.. why do people take freaking washers to the beach??????
i hate washers... and calipo tops... and especially ring pull tops.. they sound exactly the same as gold on the excal
basically.. i hate the sand too.. why cant the good stuff just levitate itself above the sand for us and we can collect with a butterfly net???

silly rant off now ;)

I was thinking the same thing about washers, I hate bobby pins the worst, yes the sand really sux I agree 100%. Calipo tops and pull tabs are pretty much gone from the churned areas, I thought they were actually breeding before the storm there were soooo many..... :mad:

I wish people would just empty thier pockets on a convenient spot and leave immediately. :D Calipo's should be banned within 10km of a beach.

I saw on the news what they were doing at Bondi with the earthmoving, nothing like that happening over this way.... yet. Just the normal beach raking tractors.

Bondi beach
stolen from aquabumps this morning

PS.. i saw some putz with a 3030 on Coogee this morning sweating up a storm digging holes.. and i mean a heap of holes.. with a full sized plastic shovel... i know its the beach.. and i know once the tide comes in they will go.. and this is why i didn't say anything... but man... if you are reading this... a LOT of people were negatively commenting about you and what you were doing.. on the hardpack.. in the line that everyone.. including me.. walk / jog laps.. we dont need this attention

m-4GQM3F9wk0URSpv5ssxnmdQrTBdTH74u16VsaoooLMW8A9ZohZ3WeqkthJ6llRZuMTUmht2XI57dGGrMZTHlumrHuTxVir6MDsPWhRSLclyRPooehI6CVPg5ajpkJ2vXlCTLE9kYhKFfe0upIybqr5BRoZa22OctLUaAlr55vlnsWWfVnqV3VFjQIP=s0-d-e1-ft

Latest posts