I wasn't alone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black-Pete

Peter Blackmore
Reaction score
I was out today between rain showers and I was up in an area with a farm house about 300mtrs away. I did manage to find a small specy but as I was kneeling down sifting through the dirt trying to isolate another 22 bullet I suddenly felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
I slowly turned my head and not 12" from my face I was looking at the meanest blue healer I've ever seen. Well that was the first impression anyway, turns out he was just curious to what I was doing, and once he checked me out just ambled back up the track and home again.
After the talk of the wild dogs that stalk people etc I must admit the brain was doing a million miles an hour for a split second.
Pete

Im not sure what is worse, your story or half handing a spider? lol

Your story reminds me of my own similar story,
I was in SA head down digging away and heard this deep thumping noise. I looked up to find about half a dozen emu's standing over me with a look of what I can only describe as curiosity. By me lifting my head put us all into a state of a Mexican stand off. They didn't move and I didn't move. Suddenly they looked angry and evil. All I could think of was stories of how these birds can rip a person open with their claws. I cant remember what I did but somehow we all parted company quite amicably.
PS. The target turned out to be junk but I nearly laid an emu egg that day.

man so full of envy sitting waiting for me metal detector too arrive ,reading all you fellas posts ,just got me a garret Ls

echidnadigger said:
Im not sure what is worse, your story or half handing a spider? lol

Your story reminds me of my own similar story,
I was in SA head down digging away and heard this deep thumping noise. I looked up to find about half a dozen emu's standing over me with a look of what I can only describe as curiosity. By me lifting my head put us all into a state of a Mexican stand off. They didn't move and I didn't move. Suddenly they looked angry and evil. All I could think of was stories of how these birds can rip a person open with their claws. I cant remember what I did but somehow we all parted company quite amicably.
PS. The target turned out to be junk but I nearly laid an emu egg that day.

Emus are curious buggers.
If you ever want a closer look at them. Lay on ya back and "bicycle" your legs around.
They will come to have a look. :)

Rod

If you ever want a closer look at them. Lay on ya back and "bicycle" your legs around.

If I ever tried that I think the little men in white coats might take me away for a little holiday. :D

Pete

Emus arent particularly aggressive, they might take a snap at you if you happen to have something that looks or smells like food. During mating season the males can be a bit aggro if you stare at them or try to drive them away.

The men in white coats would only take you away if you were ringing a bike bell while peddling.

Latest posts