I starting to think i'm in the wrong trade

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1441621716_300x300.jpg

Saw an article on homeless people a few weeks ago stating that they can earn up to $170/day begging on the streets and started adding it up.

$170 x 7 days = $1190
Centrelink = $240
Metal detecting parks at night $20 x 7 = $140

Total =$1570/week tax free :|

???????

The young lady in this topic does not look homeless to me. Looks like the average office worker judging by the clothes. I bet she gets the money, Australians are quick to give, me included.

aussiefarmer said:
The sad thing is some aren't homeless and are on welfare , The next time your asked for change offer them a job say wash your car or similar and see how many actually want to work.
Nothing against homeless people just the career bludgers that are amongst them.

That's what I mean, these people are actually taking it up as a trade. I guess it's a bit like prospecting for gold but you put your costume on and act the part, and people throw the money at you! No need to dig anymore. It's amazing how many of them will pull out a tailor made cigarette and smoke it at around $1.00 each cig.

Digger Danny said:
The young lady in this topic does not look homeless to me. Looks like the average office worker judging by the clothes. I bet she gets the money, Australians are quick to give, me included.

I might try for a Ferrari what do you think?

PLEASE GIVE MONEY
DUE TO FAMILY VIOLENCE I DO NOT HAVE A CAR AND DESPERATLY NEED THE LATEST RED CONVERTABLE FERRARI TO STAY COOL
PLEASE CHEER ME UP AS I AM SUFFERING FROM MENTAL DEPRESSION
NOTES ONLY THANKYOU
NO CHANGE GIVEN

1441624031_homeless-619-386.jpg

Digger Danny said:

She looks more like one of those rent a crowd protesters you see in the news all the time at large protests. Most of them look like they have not worked a day in their lift.

I never give to beggers, biggest scam.

I did some small scale street performing while I was younger and it certainly doesn't take long to make a buck or two, little lines are used like '$2 is all I need for a coffee..or to get myself lunch..' and blah blah but it is still hard work and I feel those lines are to keep it within a 'performance'. I've met and helped many homeless as I've nearly been there myself. Some of them amazing but these fakes are making it very hard for those on the streets now and its much easier to turn to crime. Here's a great vid I share with a few people though:

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tkVPnrj1q0[/video]

I used to live in the Melb CBD.....have seen all of the best and worst of them.

Its like any profession in life including govt depts, police, private enterprise etc.......some are genuine, some are not.

One beggar i got to know well, his name was Mick and he always frequented outside the VIC Market on weekends.

I saw him every weekend as I always shopped there, and it took a few to suss him out properly. Most times I would give him a few smokes from my packet and the odd $1 or $2 coin.
No skin off my back, and it made me feel good to see the smile on his face.

In the end, as I walked past every weekend, he always spotted me and always said Gday Wayne! He remembered my name.

He was always sitting on the pavement, so I used to squat down and spend time having a chat to him about why he was here, and where he wanted to go in life.

He said something that stunned me......He said Wayne, Im a Gypsy, I havent had a home for a long time. You all call me a homeless person but Im free.

I just throw everything I own into a bag, and Im good to go!

Well, what could I say too that?

After returning from my OE stint (lived in London UK for 2.5 years), I was talking to some fella at a party. He too had just returned. I asked him what he did over there, he replied begging. He mentioned he was averaging 20 pound per hour, just sitting by a tube station in the city with a sign. I couldn't believe it.

Latest posts