I got GOLD, and it's big enough to see this time.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
BigSam and I went for a drive to Kilkivan to visit the Prophit Gold Mine, it's a pay to play type of place.

We were going to go to the Deep Creek fossicing grounds at Gympie, but due to recipent rains it was under 5m of water. So plan B was kicked into gear.

At the mine you can only pan, as in no classifiers. So picking out rocks takes up most of your time. We only got to do about ten pans or so each but when you see the first descent specs you gain a little confidence in your panning technique. Over all it was a fun time out and coming home with visible gold was great.

1397697377_20140417_100023-qpr.jpg

Can't wait to get out a find some more :)

cheers :)

Well done, ant colour is MUCH better than no colour at all .... Go back and get the rest of it.
Results just may show the wisdon of panning some methods ..... not good for those chasing bulk amounts (too slow) but great for the overall community .. everyone has a chance of finding some.
Good Luck,
Tom

I thought about doing a run to the Prophet with the boys in tow.
11 dollars a day is well worth it.
What type of pan do you have?
Well done
Cheers
Brad.

They are a good pan but I prefer the Garret Super sluice.
Will get back up that way soon.
Brad...

Thats great..

Can you post some info on this place so I can organise a trip out there for a day next time I am there. Your right..$11 for the day is good value.

Cheers,
Matt

Thanks Big Sam,

sounds and looks great, definitely on the "TO DO" list.

Cheers,
Matt

It's awesome, great day out, the dirt you get to pan is actually pay dirt that he runs aswell, a Swedish Sheila picked up a clunker when myself and goldagettin were there.
Highly recomend prophet mine, john is a nice guy also, don't mention that gold is alluvial or you will cop an earful all day about how gold is "bacterial" just a heads up ;)

Yeah..they bang on about it heaps on the website. Gold is Gold and its all good :D

Cheers,
Matt

best bet is to try not to talk to him much otherwise your $11 day turns into an $11 half day lol nice guy and all but talks your ear off...The dirt is decent. gold in almost every pan with the occasional nugget (I got a few over the 1 gram mark with 1.9 the best) and of the days I've been the worst day was .2 grams for 4 hours which almost pays for the day itself I found the trick is to totally overload the pan put it under the water and work it all in while pulling out the bigger rocks (which I think he may add to the pile) once u get the big rocks out of a totally full pan u end up with a good amount of the smaller pay dirt material and can get through more dirt I also have started not bothering even looking at the small gold...Once it gets to around a 20 cent piece worth of material I just suck it all up then start again....pan the concentrate out when I get home and last trip I ended with over half a gram in fine gold and a. 8 gram nugget with a few smaller pickers that wouldn't go up the snuffer

Latest posts