How about us paying a voluntary tiny fee each year for membership .

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in.
To what this site has done for me $5.00 would not eventouch the surface.
Not even a scratch. LOL

Somethings wrong. :)
I woke up to the mistake I had made then went to edit it.
Double post happening. I received a message that I had to wait 30 seconds before re-posting.
8) :cool: :lol:

Donate button.........but I'll let the mods respond. What i mean is i had a donate button at the top of the page that has mysteriously disappeared.....only noticed as the thread came up that it's not there. :eek:

Outback, I have a few concerns regarding this thread of yours.

Firstly I'd like to say I'm all for a donation button. I think if people want to give money they should be able to.

My concerns are based around your wording and it's potential impact.

You mentioned a voluntary annual fee.
This could have the potential to scare off new members who would have otherwise joined and in doing so harm the growth of this great forum.
Advertising space grows in value with view counts and membership.

You asked for feed back.
The first person who's response was not 100% in your favor revived this from you......

"As I said it would be voluntary , no worries for those who just want to use all the assets for free :|
Then there are those who wish to support him will be up for 41 cents per month ".

Your response suggests a segregation, as in the "those who do pay" and the "those who don't pay"
Over all not a healthy vibe in any arena.

As I said I am all for people chipping in if that's what they want to do. I do NOT believe however that having an icon visible to all will benefit this forum in any way.
Outback if you want to pay I say go for it, if you want some public recognition of that payment then maybe change your own signature or something.

I think your heart is in the rite place but your delivery needs a little work.

Just go with a "donation button" and no one will be put off joining and no one will feel segregated or guilt ed in any way, then we all win. Don't we??

cheers :)

Goldagettin said:

Firstly I'd like to say I'm all for a donation button. I think if people want to give money they should be able to.

This could have the potential to scare off new members who would have otherwise joined and in doing so harm the growth of this great forum.

You asked for feed back.
The first person who's response was not 100% in your favor revived this from you......

"As I said it would be voluntary , no worries for those who just want to use all the assets for free :|
Then there are those who wish to support him will be up for 41 cents per month ".

Your response suggests a segregation, as in the "those who do pay" and the "those who don't pay"

As I said I am all for people chipping in if that's what they want to do. I do NOT believe however that having an icon visible to all will benefit this forum in any way.
Outback if you want to pay I say go for it, if you want some public recognition of that payment then maybe change your own signature or something.

Just go with a "donation button" and no one will be put off joining and no one will feel segregated or guilt ed in any way, then we all win. Don't we??

Well said. And I totally agree.

A donate button and raffles should provide more than enough dough I think.. When the club runs low on funds simply have another 1 day sellout raffle.. :)

Goldagettin said:

You asked for feed back.

Totally agree...There are ways to donate to the forum now with out having to have recognition...

donate button for sure, and I don't have a problem with it, but I think it should be left up to nugget in the end.

One thing to keep in mind is that ALL of the resource and information on this forum is user generated.

Nugget strikes me as someone who if he felt the need to raise funds he is more than capable of either raising it with the crowd or creatively coming up with an idea to do so.

Cheers,
Laurence

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply. I'm currently doing a fairly intensive course so time has been of short supply. Just about to sit an exam, wish me luck lol.

I appreciate the kind gesture and support from members, but with the success of our raffles and advertising revenue, the site is actually doing OK financially. Donations are always appreciated but not mandatory by any means, and any additional funds raised outside of the sites day to day running costs go towards site improvements, future development and various PA related activities (camps, giveaways etc).

I've always felt that adding a member yearly fee whether it be mandatory or voluntary would create divide among members, I also feel that information on the forum should be provided freely.

If anyone would like to contribute to the site, you can do so via the following link https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/contributions.php

Cheers,
Nugget

Maybe just a donate button or raffles as needed ......

Something we tend to forget ..... "There are currently 119 users online (37 Members and 82 Guests)"

And in closing (relates to prospecting as much as fishing ....

1397693911_memories_pic.jpeg

Cheers Tom

Goldagettin said:

You asked for feed back.

Spot on goldagettin, very well put, division is not what we need, all for donations but not a badge or whatnot to say your a financial supporter.

Latest posts