hose setup

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greglz86

Greg Anderson
Reaction score
Hey guys.
Im looking to improve the hose setup I have on my highbanker.
Basically what im looking for is a connector bit that I can connect my layflat hose to a flexible suction hose.
Currently I have my layflat hose running strait to the spray bar. The problem with this is it limits what positions I can place the highbanker, kinks in the layflat hose and can make the highbanker twist and out of level.
Im trying to find a solution without resorting to more aluminum cam locks.
Thanks guys.
Greg

1407153551_image.jpg

Something like this?

It looks like two nut and tails with a poly nipple joining the two hoses.
You have to try maybe a longer suction hose to improve delivery angle.
What you have is pretty good, lay flat hose is cheap and transportable however has its drawbacks.

Hi Mate. Been reading some of your stuff. Like what I read and like the Dolly Pot. Sweet. Mine not so elaborate (star picket driver/crow bar!) My excuse - I'm a chippy not a metal worker-my welds look like pieces of bird sh*t! I have also been doing some research on buying blocks in the Golden Triangle with old timers' workings on them. Nothing prospective as yet. But will not give up.

Want to talk to you face to face. I am willing to travel. 2 weeks ago drove 3 days straight to find and meet Bogi Zemyla aka Nick Steel, 30 year Geologist and small scale miner based in Redcastle WA. (The tag is from you tube). Learnt a lot from Nick even though I was only with him for a short time. Amazing guy.

Hope to hear from you soon mate. Cheers. Cj.

cj said:
2 weeks ago drove 3 days straight to find and meet Bogi Zemyla aka Nick Steel, 30 year Geologist and small scale miner based in Redcastle WA. (The tag is from you tube). Learnt a lot from Nick even though I was only with him for a short time. Amazing guy.

Cj.

I like his "you tube" videos and have been subscribed to him for awhile, I have found him to be very informative. He hasn't posted any new videos lately, so I guess he's been busy working his claim.

Back on subject at least with those screw on type fittings above, you would be able to put in an elbow piece of chosen angle to eliminate the kink in your layflat.

I used a "Dropper" on mine.
1 1/2 all the way to the spray bar(s)
Cheap and effective.

cj said:
Hi Mate. Been reading some of your stuff. Like what I read and like the Dolly Pot. Sweet. Mine not so elaborate (star picket driver/crow bar!) My excuse - I'm a chippy not a metal worker-my welds look like pieces of bird sh*t! I have also been doing some research on buying blocks in the Golden Triangle with old timers' workings on them. Nothing prospective as yet. But will not give up.

Want to talk to you face to face. I am willing to travel. 2 weeks ago drove 3 days straight to find and meet Bogi Zemyla aka Nick Steel, 30 year Geologist and small scale miner based in Redcastle WA. (The tag is from you tube). Learnt a lot from Nick even though I was only with him for a short time. Amazing guy.

Hope to hear from you soon mate. Cheers. Cj.
Hi cj,
Welcome to the forum, lots of cool info here and lots of experienced guys. Maybe hard to catch up with me over the next few weeks, I have a Heritage listed building that needs a lot of structural steel to protect the Facade from toppling over, I am hopeful to get out into the triangle early September.
If all goes well ?
I will keep in touch.
Cheers Ryan

Thanks for the reply Ryan. All good. Yes the site is outstanding. Just to give you a heads up as to where I'm coming from. I live on the far south coast of nsw between eden and bega. A lot of old timers workings around here (both reef and alluvial) Been swinging, digging and panning various prospects for the last couple of years with poor results. Sh*t loads of G still in the ground here but it is elusive - bloody frustrating!

Going out again Tilba area this weekend. I may be a bit nave but keen to make this a full time gig if I can get on a decent prospect/s. Been researching leases for sale in qld. and all over. Reckon I might have missed a good one $25k. But having said that I don't know enough about the game. Might have been a stitch up. I'm understandably cautious.

Reason I contacted you is because as I said, I liked your stuff and I am keen on a jv with the right person. Would like to discuss with you over a couple of ales. No pressure mate. You gotta pay the bills first I understand. Me the same. Talk soon. Regards Col.

Latest posts