Holden Sandman - it's back!!!!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
its an act of desperation from Holden. Call it prostituting the legend if you like.

hows the "shag pile", seat rugs 8)

where's the photo of the boys pushing it out after it bogged at the beach? ;)

R.I.P Holden. We had some goodyears (pun intended) :cool:

Panda said:
Literally only a few dollars. The classics replaced by plastic. It is insulting like spitting on your Grandad. I shudder to envisage some tike struggling with a deadline crumbling under pressure fresh out of design grad being renumerated for this particular concept. Not only is it unappealling its insulting.

Shame holden shame on you.

The gts series has carried with class, distinction and appeal since its inception. Ill forever be endeared with holdens despite the guff they churn out occasionally like this half baked sandman. Forgiveness is given for hsv concepts and long standing appeal right from the early days. Overall the GM range from the start to modern times reminds me of a well dressed lady with pretty face with terrible teeth, Fords legacy however is much more like a menopausal housewife with a shiny diamond bracelet.

I have 2 old eh wagons tucked away. I defy anyone to hate them.

Only problem is, its not the 70's anymore.......they dont give a rats what you or I think, and neither would buyers in 30 years time! Times are a changing.

I used to think my worked V8 HZ was the ants pants, and it was back in its day...... but my wifes 2015 Subaru Outback diesel 2lt turbo would blow its doors off now. Plastic and all.

EH is a classic I agree, but it was a slow puss box that rides like a sponge, with most of its admirers already having 1 foot in the grave today.

The young blokes these days wouldnt give you $2 for one either. Only grandad would.

The buyer market has shifted. Only us old farts can appreciate a classic today.

One must move with the times or die broke with the EH proudly still in the garage! Its sad but true.

Your grandkids would set fire to it if you left it too them in your will.

Just ask the 20yo Tradie with an SS ute that lives next door!

Bag GMH if you all must for their latest release, but they will long live in my memory as the greatest Aussie car ever built and i would love a new Sandman just for old times sake, and saying I had one....reminiscing!

I would enjoy just admiring the plastic and the orange shagpile seat inserts!

I wish i had a six speed manual box, independent suspension and a fuel injected alloy block V8 when it was my day.

Your all comparing apples with oranges.

;)

All that plastic makes for a heavy car ,,, my valiant hardtop is lighter than a commodore and its all steel ,,, but a well setup 350 chev in a hq will still give the dunny door and tubo skylines a good run in a straight line of corse ,,, lol ,,,

Big Nugget said:
dwt said:
I have no idea what you guys are talking about :(

its like a wagon dray with a mirror ball inside :p

jeesh dwt, what were you doing in the 70's? 8) ;)
I Twas but only a naughty thought in my old mans head, I believe I was conceived on the bonnet of a HJ Monaro, sad, sad, tale :(

Pfftt, imitations that are nothing like the real thing. I had a few Sandman vans back in the day and still have one....

This is a genuine HJ Sandman panelvan, factory 308, M21 gearbox, factory aircond and LSD. Currently restoring her.

1427533563_image.jpg

dwt said:
Big Nugget said:
dwt said:
I have no idea what you guys are talking about :(

its like a wagon dray with a mirror ball inside :p

jeesh dwt, what were you doing in the 70's? 8) ;)
I Twas but only a naughty thought in my old mans head, I believe I was conceived on the bonnet of a HJ Monaro, sad, sad, tale :(

That's some serious aussie sire right there sir.

I'm pretty sure my brother was the result of sitting in the shower. :p

Mackka said:
If this things a rockin Don't come a knockin! yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeh was a classic saying on the sticker.

Remember the old......Dont laugh, your daughter maybe inside!

Latest posts