Hill End with Bob

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dogmatic

Matt
Reaction score
Well back home today after 5 nights at Hill End, my first time there. Met up with Bob at the Village Camp Ground and had a great time exploring the common and sampling the beer selections at the Royal with him.

Unfortunately no amount of beating the bush could scare a nugget out for either of us, however, anyone heading that way can be assured there are a few less bullets for you to worry about. I will definitely be heading back to continue the search and try and copy Bob's recent success. An amazing place, albeit a little cool at times with the wind right now. A great time of year if you want to avoid the crowds. ;)

Thanks to Bob for making my first trip to Hill End so enjoyable. Certainly a lot easier visiting a place for the first time with someone who knows their way around rather than going in blind, not knowing where you can and cannot go. :Y: Hope the rest of your travels are a success mate.

Good stuff Dogmatic, shame you couldn't raise some yellow (apart from a beer at the pub no doubt). At least you didn't decrease my chances of finding a piece ... guess I can only do as well as you, although I hope not.
Any info on where you CAN'T go.
Cheers Tom.

Hi Tom,

Mainly the Hill End Gold mining area, a few private properties on the Common, which are mostly fenced I think and being aware of were the Hill End Historical site (NSW National Parks) boundaries are. I had read a lot of this before but it made more sense when I was there and could actually see it.

Matt.

Latest posts