Hi

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thependleburys

Georgie And Ross
Reaction score
Hi all,

my hubby, Ross, our son Tarras (who is 12) and myself Georgie, have ALL caught the bug, and not just for GOLD, but for gemstones also!

We are currently saving some cash to get ourselves a GPX4500, and we are currently borrowing hubby's sisters minelab Extreme? (I think that's what it is) which we are eager to get out this weekend and give it a run if the weather allows!

This past weekend, we spent two days in Daylesford fossicking for Gemstones near Twin Bridges picnic area, and then on Monday, we headed out to the Dunolly region with the Detector for a couple of hours (we never found anything, but it was so relaxing just getting out in to the freezing cold fresh air, wandering around and looking at some old sites, and just enjoying the quietness and resetting our own batteries (Mine especially, as Tarras has an ASD/ADHD diagnosis, so times can be challenging with him)

Hopefully, along the way, we get to meet some of you and get to know you all through the forum here :)

And Thanks for allowing us to be apart of a forum that we will learn so much from!

Off to gather more information of certain gemstones and areas to suss out over the weekend!

Georgie :)

Thanks HoudiniHarry,

I was just looking at the Bendigo Prospecting club, and will be getting in touch with them over the coming days :)

It's strange how something like gold prospecting and gem hunting, can make you sit back and go "why didn't we do this sooner" lol. But I guess starting now is better than not starting at all :)

The best thing about rocking up to the prospectors club is the information and trips. They have some great destinations and loads of advice. Hire the clubs detector I think $20 for day (very cheap) you will be given tips on its usage and pointed in the right direction for gold. Once you find your first gold nugget you will be hooked. But it is more about friendship and getting out and making memories.

Cheers

1528873626_welcome.jpg

Hi Georgie and family
WELCOME to PA, great bunch on here with a wealth of knowledge. Only new myself, we all wish we had of started a long time ago. There was a lot more gold around then but at least there is still some about you just need to work harder for it.
Cheers Jamie

Welcome aboard pendleburys . Read lots do research .Most of all enjoy what you"s are doing .Bendigo is a great central place to go anywhere good luck hope ya find some interesting stuff but most of all enjoy being out there as a family

Latest posts