Hi from Western Sydney.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cracka

Craig
Reaction score
Hi all, My name is Craig (Cracka) and im from western sydney (Parramatta way). Have been lurking here as a guest and after seeing all the great info and friendly invites on the forum i thought i'd join this great group of helpful people. I only got interested in this pastime a couple of years ago but have now purchased a minelab CTX 3030, a Falcon MD-20 Gold Tracker and built a sluice and Bluebowl. Im now looking at building a Walbanker. Cant wait to get out and meet a few of you. I have been sluicing and panning in the Sofala, Turondale, Hillend, Windeyer, Pyramul areas but still learning to read a creek (only found about 40 specks and flakes in the last 3 outings). Anyway thought id say hello and ill try to upload some pics of my gear for you to see.

Welcome to the forum Craig. Great to see that you have seen the light and realized that "Lurking" is not as much fun as interaction. You will gain a lot more knowledge and info being a member as fellow members direct most of their advice towards members actually involved within the threads.

You have a great machine in that 3030 and it won't let you down. Sluicing is a great way to get into the river scene when chasing gold, and will be a great learning curve if you eventually get into the high banking scene.

All the very best of luck with it and look forward to sharing the adventure.

Cheers Wal.

Thanks guys, Looking to get my ten posts up so i can pm a few of you to catch up for a trip or any info needed. Wal, i am only just starting to learn how to use the CTX3030. Have found some pennies and relics around Toongabbie Creek (3rd settlement) and Lake Parramatta also cleaned up all the decimals at a few local parks and mates backyards (average about $10- $20 an hour). Also used my sluice at Turondale (downstream from Cols Bridge) and found some small specks. Made all the first time errors like picking a nice shady level spot to set up the sluice before reading the signs of the creek and doing some test panning. I have joined the prospectors home club at Parramatta (Harris Park) and attended a few of their meetings. I also purchased Gold Prospectors dvd collection (5 Dvds including Goverment Gold Maps, Panning for the paystreak, Sluicing for gold, 20/20 prospecting and 4xgold hunting) and purchased the books Gold Mining In The 21st Century by Dave McCracken and Gold Prospectors Handbook by Jack Black. Got most of it in my head now but need some serious hands on with people who know. Also about to start on one of the world famous Walbankers. Looking forward to many discussions and a few trips out to meet some of the members here. Cracka.

Sounds like the bug has certainly bitten strongly there Cracka. Can I suggest if you have some spare time on the 22/23 November, that you tag along to our members outing at Oallen Forde, as you will be able to experience first hand the correct way to run high bankers. It will also give you the best possible chance to get any answers to questions you may have. ;)

Best of luck,

Cheers Wal.

Thanks Wal, I dont drive but i think i can organise with my prospecting mate to get a lift if he has nothing on on that date. Would love to catch up with a few of you and pick your brains on my sluice, CTX3030 detector and plans on a walbanker. Will let you know early november. Looking forward to meeting the legendary Wal'n'Liz.

Cracka

Latest posts