Hi from the upperland

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sodabowski

Thomas Rodriguez
Reaction score
Well, hi Australia. I'm from France. I've been following two of you guys out here on their Youtube channels (Liz and Wal) for quite some time and finally decided to dig my way to the land downunder. It might take a while though ;)

I've studied physics and will soon become a teacher. As for gold, oh well, there's plenty in the rivers in Southern France where my parents live, and I plan on doing some panning along with gemstone noodling (there are a few pegmatites in my region). I'm a huge fan of many rocky things Aussie, bought lots of opals from several of your peeps, cut many Lightning Ridge and Coober Peddy specimens, started cutting Boulder Matrix stuff (OMG-ish!) and plan on turning a neat Queensland specimen into a little box.

In a nutshell, that's it as for why I ended up here. Looking forward to sharing quality time with you guys!

Welcome to the forum Sodabowski , good to see the following of Wal & Liz is just not localised to Australia , as they do some fantastic prospecting videos.

Looking forward to hearing some of your stories & what you find there in France

Cheers Paul

Welcome Sodabowski, as Paul said, would be great to read some stories of your adventures prospecting in France. If you find something post pics!

Cheers,
Laurence :)

Welcome to the forum Thomas and great to hear of your enthusiasm with gold and gems. Hope the forum gives you a good insight into how we prospect over here in OZ and also gives you some good contacts when you do eventually come over for your prospecting holiday. All the very best and send me a PM if ever you're heading this way.....Cheers, Wal and Liz

Thank guys. Your vids are greatly appreciated as far as I'm concerned, so much insight! To my knowledge, there's not much amateur gold prospecting in my parents' area (one of France's most concentrated nevertheless), and since we had huge floods last year I hope some of the gold that had settled down will have been dragged out to easier deposits. I'll check it very soon as I'm going there next week :D

Bonjour Thomas,

je suis sur place depuis un an.
Est ce que vous taillez les pierres aussi?
Ca pourra m'interesser lors de mon retour.

Sinon, si vous cherchez des spinelles noires, faites moi signe!

Thanks BigSam :)

Bonjour GallicProspector :) je taille en cabochons pour le moment (le temps de m'quiper d'une faceteuse!), et pour les spinelles (et vrai dire les zircons et grenats aussi) je suis carrment intress! :D

Je ramassais pas les spinelles au debut, mais comme je commence a en trouver des assez grosses, y a moyen de s'arranger (envoi de boites de conserves ou magazines FR vs spinelles?)
Des saph/zircon/grenat, j'en ai pas encore beaucoup de taille raisonnable, alors pour l'instant je les garde pour moi. Je voudrai aussi rejoindre un club sur Sydney pour apprendre a tailler.

Jikalan ar bi yet ubert slickar.... :D yep total gibberish.. come on guys it is not polite to talk behind our backs... we are all reading this and cant understand a single word.... :)

Geez I shudda have included a translated version! we're talking business here :p trading Aussie black jacks against french canned food ;p

Latest posts