Hi from Mt Perry

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northoz

Mark
Reaction score
Hello,my name is Mark and I live in the Mt Perry area of SE Qld ,I am new to the prospecting game,but very keen,I have a F75 and just bought a GPX 4000,I have found a number of pre decimals and bullet casings with the Fisher ,but nothing decent with the 4000,if anyone else on the forum lives around this area I would be keen to hear from them.
Thanks for your time.

G'day mate, welcome. I see Mt Perry has a population of only approx. 300 people. Bet you know everyone by their first names.
Where do you plan to go fossicking? I notice there used to me a copper mine there once.
Jack

Hey Jack ,I am approx 12ks from Mt Perry,in the middle of the Boolboonda goldfield,there are a number of old mines in the ranges around me,Mt Perry was copper(1890's),but there is an operating open cut gold/copper mine, called Mt Rawdon,owned by 'Evolution Mining', 30 ks SE of Mt Perry which employs around 150 workers.

Hi Northoz
And welcome, just have a question we are new to prospecting as well still feeling our way around I've googled where you are looks great.

Are there places where they allow detecting, we are heading down for our Xmas break again this year, if there is some areas that do allow detectors would love to have a go. Maybe meet up and learn a bit.
Hubby has a 5000 and I have just purchased a new 4800 haven't taken it out yet and its killing me.

Cheers :)
K-M

G'day Northoz, welcome. I've was working at MT Perry for 12 months, now working down near Goomeri. I'll be heading back up that way again in a months time, got a heap more work to do up there. The property I'm working on is 40k's west of MT Perry. There definitely plenty of history in the area, I heard the mine at MT Rawdon was only getting about 2 grams to the ton but that was a couple of years ago. I've looked at a few mines up that way, got to have a sense of adventure, some of the tracks are overgrown.
Most of the mines I looked at, the gold came from Quartz reefs but found a few specks panning, water being the biggest problem. Ran into a couple of rock doctors looking around one mine and they told me that there were chunks of quartz with silver still in it lying around everywhere.
I'm keen to get back up that way.
:) Mick

Northoz,

You still about? I am in Bundy and new to the area, Have an SDC2300 and have been researching Mt Perry.
Seems to be mostly hard rock stuff up there though..

Latest posts