Hi Everyone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm new at detecting, but like most things it was one of those items that eventually work their way to the top of the Bucket List. We live in Qld and recently while on a holiday in Tasmania (haven't been home yet) decided to buy a detector for when we get back to the big island and could work our way through the GT before having to be home. We've given Maryborough and Tarnagulla a good sifting, should have found most of the lead to keep me in sinkers for years to come :) no gold yet but if it was that easy everyone would be doing it. The John Tully maps along with GEOVic and assistance from the Minersden guys in Bendigo and COILTEK at Maryborough and a training day with Gold Prospecting Australia helped a lot. I'm not going to ask the question "where is the Gold" because we all know it is either in the ground or someones safe.
Anyway a short introduction, met some great people travelling and camping through the GT, just hope the GOLD Gods will smile just a little before we have to leave.
Laurie

Latest posts