Hi everyone

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SC75

Steveo
Reaction score
HI there.
I've been detecting for 2 months now, i work 6 days a week 12 hrs days so i only detect on Sundays.
When i was around 10 or 11 years old i used to detect with my old man, he got me a little kids detector and he used a old whites.
We always headed up Daylesford way which is only a hrs drive but we never found any gold. In the end he gave up or i think my old girl told him to sell it because he never found anything.
I thought if i give it a good go and tough it out for 8hrs on a Sunday maybe i might find some gold and tell the old man, he would be wrapped.
I will be taking my 10 year old son with me as my old man did with me but i will not be selling it or giving up, plus its a good outlet from my shitty job and i enjoy digging some old stuff from the 1800s. Looking forward reading all your posts :)

SC75,.... gday and welcome aboard,..... next stop Gold and untold Wealth. :)

Welcome to PA, I to like you went out withg my dad when I was younger and I have also just started detecting with my 11yo son, he
loves it and it is great bond building with him. Good luck with the gold.

Rgds

MArk

Thanks again boys
My son is enjoying it at the moment and i reckon he will love it when we find some yellow stuff.
Got to stay positive.:)

welcome to PA, its a great place to share stories about all aspects of detecting and prospecting in general, i go detecting with my 8yr old daughter and it is such a nice thing to be able to share with them

Welcome SC75,
Good luck with the hunt for the gold stuff. If you feel like your son is losing interest get down to a local soccer field and run the detector along the side line,
he'll be sure to pick up a couple of goldies ($1 & $2 coins).

LOL Shoota and thanks again fellas.
I might try and get a avatar going. Im computer illiterate so it might take me a few hrs.

Latest posts